what should i get next - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what should i get next

i have a decent army but i still cant manage to avoid getting whiped off the table.

i have in my army:

1 anti-tank commander w/ twin fushion blasters plasma weapon multi tracker and stimulant injectior

2 elite crisis suits with misslepods plasma weapons and multi trackers

6 stralthsuits with targeting aray

24 firewarriors

2 units of 6 gun drones

1 sniper drone squad

all this is about 1000 pts. what should i get to help me from getting totaly destroyed also what tactics should i use seeing as im fairly new to tau and used to play nids. i play mainly Dark Angels and some Necrons

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

Well, i'll be the first in a long string of players telling you to get a hammerhead. One of the best if not the best tank in the game, which can be equipped with an ion cannon that wounds most necrons and dark angels on a 2+ and also penetrates their save. Later, after getting 2 hammerheads, you should consider getting devilfish, the devilfish is a 12 front armor transport, armor that good on a transport is hard to come by. It is also an assault shield against people like khorne and nids, as they have to deal with flechette launchers if they assault it. Even better, it lets your firewarriors pull up within twelve inches and release the 29 shot fish of fury attack.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well can you tell us how you end up losing each time and by what army. But you do need the hammerhead regardless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i lose to alot of assualy cannon fire from dreadnaughts and terminators. and the other time my units die in CC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A hammerhead is a must in any tau army. They can kill drednoughts with a solid round or kill tactical sqauds with a submunition round. And kroot are highly underrated, get two sqauds of 16 and place them in front of the firewarriors. Their massed shot are very impressive, and when (or if) any marines get close to your lines, either charge or rapid fire with them, either is pretty brutal. And make the terminators your crisis suits primary target. With plasma rifles you should have no problem, but make good use of cover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright. im not a huge kroot fan tohughit seems like alot of points to sink into a unit when i can just get more forewarriors or more suits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anabis_Xero
    alright. im not a huge kroot fan tohughit seems like alot of points to sink into a unit when i can just get more forewarriors or more suits
    try the kroot sometime.
    maybe also use some vespids, their AP 3 weapons combined with their speed should really hurt your enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anabis_Xero
    Kroot are cheap. They can infiltrate, that can be used to counter, or push back, other infiltraters. That can really save your butt sometimes.
    If you're seeing alot of termies, then try 3 suits with plasma/fusion combo. They'll fall pretty quick, espcially when markerlit. :yes:
    One more vote for the importance of hammerheads.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya i get paid this friday then im goin to pick up a hammerhead. maby ill try some kroot. for kroot should i bulk up the squad with houds and krootox? and should i go for 2 hammerheads or a hammerhead and 3 broadsides? i am also going to max out my sniperdrones with 2 more squads

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go for the two hammerhead option if you are already using sniper drones as your 3rd choice. What you have to remember is that winning isn't only about the lists you field, and who you play against. A lot has to do with tactics, deployment and target priority, which will all come with experience. Even with a sub optimal list, it is always possible to outplay your opponent and get a win. Also your army is very, very static, so deployment will be even more crucial to your chances of winning. Deploying in cover, with good firing lanes for your fire warriors should be your first priority in all games, with the same applying to your sniper drones. I'd also split your crisis suits into two single suit elite choices, upgrade them to team leaders and give them both targetting arrays and HW-multitrackers. You can still have them working in concert, however they will be more accurate and will not have to worry about last man standing tests. TA's on stealth suits is a very expensive option, in my opinion, so I would drop them and just use barebone stealths.
    What Guardsmen dont want to hear...
    "Ok boys, time to fix bayonets!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast