Tyranid Warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Commissar_Malevich's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranid Warriors

Well a common thing I seem to hear is how tyranid warriors are so slow. So out of any of your experience have you found range to perform just as well or better than those designed specifically for CC.

Also does the warrior box only come with 1 set of rending claws?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.I find the warriors having a gun and RC the best strategy

2. Yes .
    "How ironic it is that as fast as we spread progress and hope throughout the galaxy, the Tyranids spread death and despair."
    - Aun'shi of the Tau

Senior Member Commissar_Malevich's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darn...how do you all feel on deathspitters?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is the warrior i am using
    Warriornhanced Senses, Extended carapace, Deathspitter, Rending Claws
    "How ironic it is that as fast as we spread progress and hope throughout the galaxy, the Tyranids spread death and despair."
    - Aun'shi of the Tau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to say that shooting warriors are pretty much not good at all. Its best to leave the shooting to Carnifex now. Warriors are not entirely slow. Leaping gives them 12' assault which is good of course. And wings can make them fly faster. At first I thought warriors sucked since they were "so slow". But I got used to using them. To be honest, any time I go up against a nids player with shooty warriors I assume them to be useless and pay them no attention. Not to say they are horrible all together... just CC warriors seem to win their points back much more efficiently. I run a heavy stealers list (4x squads of 6) and with that i will usually field 3 squads of warriors. I prefer 2 squads of 3 with wings and one squad of 3 walking. If the ones with wings get shot up, oh well, it took alot of fire off your stealers. If they make it, great. 4 attacks on a charge is super with rends. So yeah. IMO leave the shooting to the fex, maybe tyrant, and maybe thropes. The fex is just too good now to -not- have it be your shooting.
    When all else fails... charge it with a Tyrant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And a good way to get more rending claws (If you dont mind the size) is to buy the battle of McCragee or whatever box. Take the claws off the stealers. For 45 bucks you get all your claws, some space marines and stealers with no claws to sell off, and some terrain. That is what I did.
    When all else fails... charge it with a Tyrant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Me, big fan of shooty nids. Working on my 72 warrior list. My nids have yet to lose, and even won in the last tournie I played. I generally field 2 or more squads, enhanced senses, toxin sacs, barbed strangler, rending claws, and death spitters. squads of 3-7 depdending on points. Only problem is I finally got my 3rd and final screamer killer (old carnie=) so now my elite slots are always vying for attention.

I find that the do tend to be slow compared to the rest of my army, but that's because I don't care to upgrade them to leaping or wings... Just rather use the points on numbers.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Well I switch between shooty and CC warriors depending on which army I'm playin, but neither of which is bad. RC/deathspitter combo for shooty warriors, and RC/scything talons with leaping for CC ones. While they preform different roles in the army, they are both good choices.
    "Dare to be Naive"

If someone helps you, or you just like what they say, rep them

+ Reply to Thread