Thinking of starting a KOS army need advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking of starting a KOS army need advice

Im mainly a greyknights player but lately the green has been calling too me and im thinking about starting up orks. My gamestyle is pretty simple get up close and mash them in close combat. I think im gonna go with speedfreeks they seem like a good laugh and a decent army and we have no one that plays orks at my club. So i got a couple of questions about making a half decent KOS army list.

Warboss... Whats the deal with this guy? is it best too put him on a bike and hide him behind the trukks? or put him in an ork bike squad? or dump him on a truck with a handful of nobs and 2 mad doks? He doesnt seem all that tough if his gonna have a powerclaw and strike last with only t4 and a 5+ invulnerable is he really gonna last long enough too fight back?

Troops: Im thinking like 5 trukks with armor plates turbo boosta and red paint, each carrying 8 odd trukk boyz too just rush straight at the enemy and chop them up. Does this tactic work??

Fast attack: i wanna have like 8 of these These ork outriders look very handy are they as good as they look on paper? if the warboss goes here does he get too do a scout move aswell?

Warrtrakks/buggies: They look nice with rokkit launchers but their only bs 2 is it worth it points wise??

Fighterbomba strike : Worth while??

Deathkoptas any good?? they look a bit fragile :s

Last edited by Grandmaster Goblin; April 20th, 2006 at 15:30.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heyo...

Trukkboys are your friends, always use them in 10s, and always get a nob with a power claw (good for mashing up space marines, necrons, and chaos). Give boys in trukks burnas when at all possible, as flame templates become a lot nicer when you can guarantee they will get used. Coordinated trukkboy assaults can not only be devestating, but hard to prevent if executed well. Their speed and hitting power is almost unmatched for their point costs.

Warbuggies are good screens, distractions and tank-hunters. I would only recommend using them as a support role, not really a main assault force. Their speed allows them to zoom around the flanks of an enemy, and either pose as a imminent threat to the enemy, take and hole objectives quickly until reinforcements come, or aim for the weak side or rear armour of tanks.

Bikes are not only my least favorite, but about half of the ork's community's least favorite too. They do have extremely good hitting power against lightly armoured foes, but they are relatively fragile, expensive, and are generally limited in their roles. It is not recommended to use them, and if you are I wouldn't use many.

I use the warboss as a lone warbiker geared towards combat, and use him to either smash apart tanks with his power claw, or zoom up and annihilate vulnerable enemy units. Against armies such as nids or marines which have a lot of things which can kill him, I'll generally have him hang back and zoom in to support assaults that need his help and won't threaten him with an instant kill. Warbosses with retinues are too expensive and fragile to be worth it. Even if they do miraculously survive all the flak they are going to be receiving (which they won't in a av10 open-topped vehicle or a huge, clonking av131210 open topped bullseye) there aren't many units that are going to be worth near as many points as them that they will be able to destroy, so it will be overkill in most situations. Some like to use the Warboss solo in his own trukk, which is a little more versatile than a Biker Warboss, but doesn't get the cool bonuses such as turbo boost, toughness bonus, cover save, or risk entanglement.

If I were you, I'd start with a good base of trukk boy mobs (say 2 to 3 trukks with squads attached), some buggies (2 to 6 buggies with rocket launchers), decide upon a warboss in a bike, normal boss with a trukk, or perhaps a big mek (more on that later), and then look into taking a looted tank (preferably a leman russ varient or basilisk) and that will provide you a good starting force.

I hope I helped.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks i found that very helpful

+ Reply to Thread