500pt fight agianst nids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500pt fight agianst nids

im playin a match against nids and i want to know how this list looks

Nids:

1 Broodlord

28 Hormaguants

2 lictors

Tau:

1 XV8 (fushion plasma) its how my suit is set up and i cant really change it =[

6 stealth suits

12 fire warriors

It is my sacred duty to save your soul from the Dark Gods of Chaos... and I willsave your soul, even if you die in the process.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Anabis_Xero
    im playin a match against nids and i want to know how this list looks

Nids:

1 Broodlord

28 Hormaguants

2 lictors

Tau:

1 XV8 (fushion plasma) its how my suit is set up and i cant really change it =[

6 stealth suits

12 fire warriors
    Looks fine to me, does he have extended carapace? If he does that might effect what you want to take. You shouldn't have any trouble killing that list, the hormagaunts are going to have a 5+ save at most, just keep them back and get as many shots as you can while hopping your stealth suits back and they should die easily.

Edit- careful about the lictors, they can deep strike into area terrain regardless of the mission, and can catch your firewarriors unaware if they're hiding in area terrain.
    Last edited by mephistophales; April 24th, 2006 at 06:57.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

I wouls split the fire warrior into two squads of six in case a lictor or te broodlord actually gets to one. The stealths are gonna be your only chance to massacre that hormagaunt horde if the broodlord is still alive. SO make sure you keep them out of charge range which is pretty hard to do. I gues your crisis can take care of the brood lord'/lictors with its armament. Remember if you kill the brood lord he wont have and synapse creatures and his gaunts will pretty much suck from there on out. I think the thing you most have to remember though is the lictors. DO NOT DEPLOY OR SET ANYTHING ANYWHERE NEAR RUINS OR JUNGLES. Once that happens....and he drops those lictors in there....your gonna lose whatever was near that terrain. Overall....i think your gonna win as long as you dont lose your stealths early on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how is your XV8 configured? cause you need 3 hard points, and you only have 2
    The best thing about chaos, is your opponent's face when he looks at your disgusting Plague marines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it also has a multitracker
    It is my sacred duty to save your soul from the Dark Gods of Chaos... and I willsave your soul, even if you die in the process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His only synapse creature is the broodlord, kill it and the hormagaunts will revert to istinctive behaviour (make sure of reading the rule from his codex) . Your XV8 is the best big bug killer, so keep it in the open far from places where the lictors can show up, nothing in this tyranid army can shoot, so you aren't the one in need of cover. If he infiltrates the broodlord, hormagaunts will probably start out of synapse range and thats good for you.
    Or he will keep the broodlord behind the hormies to keep them in control, then infiltrating stealths or deepstriking the crisis suit might be the way to get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my advice is to split the fire warriors into two seperate units so they cannot all be destroyed in one assualt. Then, infiltrate the stealth suits so the can fire on the gaunts until the lictor appears. Fifteen burst cannon shots should kill it pretty easily, depending on its wargear (mutations I guess). Deep strike the XV8 behind the broodlord to fire at its back. That way, it will eather have to chase down your suit, or continue agains the warriors.

Just my two cents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks guys. i figure spliting my FW was the cheapest way to get the requiered 2 troop units and i would leave alot of the mop up job to the stealths. with only one turn of shooting before i gety nailed by guants i need to rely on my 18 shots to get the job done then maby finishe them off in CC if theres a few left seein as i sould strie first with my stealth suits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

Also, don't forget that tyranids cannot be instant killed if 1. they are a synapse creature 2. are within range of a synapse creature. I know, it's crazy, but you can't instant kill anything he has that is within synapse.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

err ok the list on both are good. but.. u need 2 troop choices u each have one.split them. and he can't use the Brood lord with out at least 5 Genestealers. but the rest is good

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast