Tank rush with pirranas? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tank rush with pirranas?

Can you do a tank rush with the pirannas and the flettcher discharges on them?

my buddy has guard/nids so i want something thats really good at taking down horde characters.

thinking of a 5 fish rush against them =)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple answer is no.

First off, the piranha isn't a tank. It's just a skimmer, unlike say a hammerhead which is both a skimmer and a tank. Only tanks can tank shock.

Second, I dont see how tank shocking a unit would engage flechette dischargers. A tank shock isn't close combat, and 95% of the time, the unit can will just get out of the way rather than trying for death or glory.
    What Guardsmen dont want to hear...
    "Ok boys, time to fix bayonets!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was actually hoping to have the 'ranas sourounded by his CC troops and have them each attack the 5 vehicles.

that way they all get the wounds on a 4+ and if they are right in the middle of the group and half of them die i'll be a real happy camper.

tank rush was just hopefully icing on the cake. i don't want them shooting the 'ranas just punching them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Predanuke
    i was actually hoping to have the 'ranas sourounded by his CC troops and have them each attack the 5 vehicles.

that way they all get the wounds on a 4+ and if they are right in the middle of the group and half of them die i'll be a real happy camper.

tank rush was just hopefully icing on the cake. i don't want them shooting the 'ranas just punching them.
    Guard will have better sense than to punch your piranhas, so they'll shoot them down. Nids players, they might still try to risk it so it might work.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm so there is no way for them to be forced to do a CC attack.

darn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Predanuke
    hmm so there is no way for them to be forced to do a CC attack.

darn
    Nope. Not as far as tau are concerned. But hey, if you're playing khorne they might blood frenzy and be forced to charge and attack a skimmer, so cheer up.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

youl be using them as an expensive meat shield so dont use them that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can vehicles be meat shields? They are made of metal. Anyway, you shouldn't be too cheerful if chain-axe wielding blood-frenzied power armor wearing warriors are charging your light skimmers...........
    "Politicians don't actually lie, they tell the truth in their own words."
    - Mr. P.

Vengeance SM Chapter
    Commander
    5x Assault Marines
    10-man Tactical Squad
    10-man Tactical Squad
    10-man Tactical Squad
    Razorback
    Devastator Squad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas’O Vior’la Kais Or’es
    How can vehicles be meat shields? They are made of metal. Anyway, you shouldn't be too cheerful if chain-axe wielding blood-frenzied power armor wearing warriors are charging your light skimmers...........
    To the contrary, you should be extremely happy if khornate warriors are charging your light skimmers for four reasons. 1. it is taking them off course from the rest of your army. 2. They need sixes to hit, then they have to penetrate. 3. Flechette dischargers will likely get several wounds. 4.They're not locked in CC when they hit a vehicle, so you can still shoot them.

If cadre of storms meant that it is a bad idea to use skimmers as khorne bait, that's just incorrect and false. I believe he meant it is improper to use them as meat shields against most other armies, which is correct and true. Most other armies have sufficient weaponry to take them out regardless, but khorne armies always have a risky chance of being unable to shoot at all, and the disadvantage of having to charge the closest unit.
    Last edited by mephistophales; April 26th, 2006 at 02:53.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=Shas’O Vior’la Kais Or’es]How can vehicles be meat shields? They are made of metal. quote]

its a metaphor

Quote Originally Posted by mephistophales
    I believe he meant it is improper to use them as meat shields against most other armies, which is correct and true. .
    which is what i did mean ive rarely played a pure khorne army so i gave no opinion on it
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast