what warriors do you guys perfer? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what warriors do you guys perfer?

I finally decided to get some warriors into my army after some losses due to poor elite strength (so far i only got 8 spine gaunts 8 hormagaunts 1 fex 8 genestealers and a walking hive tyrant) and i was wondering for a CC warrior squad what you people would put in for wepons and biomorphs. (based on a 1500 point army) Also what would you choose for a shooty warrior squad? All feed back is appriciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

For a CC warrior... keep 'em relatively cheap because they're fragile.

Scything Talons, Rending Claws, Leaping, Extended Carapace. Maybe Adrenal Glands (WS) or Adrenal Glands (I) if you've got points to spare (and the warrior's high WS and I aren't "high enough" for your opponant). Toxin Sacs aren't worth the points when you're rending, so don't worry about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok cool ill test play them against my bros space marines and see how they do. thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those CC warriors should rip SM into next week if they have not done so already,
    yes the are fragile but I try to give these babies the best cover out of the whole army so I do tend to give them both Adrenal glands and Sacs.

I use shooting warriors too, one vennom the rest death spitters along with enhance sences, toxin Sacs and maby extened C , but thats it. Resons for the death spitter are that they have the second longets range of all the tyranid guns and thakfuly for choosing them I have always been in range from the start, blast multi model hit, and to mybe keep my opponents squads spaced out so when I hit in CC some attack are too far away to strike back, "strength six", come on that has to be good, its not just the vennom cannon light vehicles and skimmers have to watch out for, The weapon has just enterd the basic arms ap = to bolters and the like and you know how much we hate bolters.
    The hights stength, the longest range and the best ap is what I want when killing stuff.

But then when the smoke has cleared is there anything left to eat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use mostly 40-point leaping warriors, armed with talons, claws, leaping, EC and both Adrenal glands. These guys costs as much as terminators and are are killer in CC but are fragile so you'll need to find a way to protect them. What I do is place my leapers behind two carnifexes that stand side by side and block LoS, the warriors advance behind the fexes until they are close enough to charge, I find this usually works out well. I have three shooty warriors, but I am beginning to think that they are not worth it when fighting vs. power armour. In any event EC is pretty much manditory for either CC or shooters because it gives a bolter save.

Edit: opon taking a second look @ your army, I think after warriors you should get some more gaunts, IMO you need more meatsheild.
    Last edited by InnuitFireman; April 26th, 2006 at 17:29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

I go all shooty with my nids thus
    toxin sacs, enhanced senses, RC's, a Barbed strangler for pinning, and deathspitters. Plant them in cover and they chew DE, eldar, IG, tau, and fair ok vs everything else.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would say for tyranids that having a mix of both combat and shooting would be a good i dea as it keeps them flexable and able to deal with most problems that may occur.

i have used some warriors with scything talons, deathspitters, enhanced senses and that was it and they did ok, for added strength go with toxin sacs, extended carapace and adrenal glands for both. that way the warrors are good in combat against low armour troops and also good at shooting most things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tarzen
    I go all shooty with my nids thus
    toxin sacs, enhanced senses, RC's, a Barbed strangler for pinning, and deathspitters. Plant them in cover and they chew DE, eldar, IG, tau, and fair ok vs everything else.
    BS pins? I hope not because I have been screwing myself....I just thought it used the large template.

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Loestal
    BS pins? I hope not because I have been screwing myself....I just thought it used the large template.
    It does both. :yes:

As for warriors I use both CC and shooty warriors depending on the situation. If I'm playing another horde army, the light fire the warriors bring is invaluable. However against MEQ's CC warriors really shine.
    "Dare to be Naive"

If someone helps you, or you just like what they say, rep them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally my warriors are all shooty. Death Spitters and VCs for my anti-skimmer and light armor broods and Twn linked Devs and BS for my anti-personnel. Looking at your list your are going for more synaps I take it. Personally I don't 'currently' like CC warriors and would much rather take raveners instead. yes they aren't synapse or have a 4+ save but they can fleet and have a 12" assault. and they can get into CC faster and cost the same as leaping warriors. Just my 2 cent plug for raveners.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast