Real quick question on craftworld eldar . . . - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Real quick question on craftworld eldar . . .

I'm usually a SM player, but in a few months I will probably start collecting another army. I've read a good deal of the Eldar codex, though I haven't had access to the Craftworld Eldar codex. Does this codex allow you to create your own craftworld in a similar way that SM can create their own chapter with different trait advantages and disadvantages?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Short answer: No.

The Craftworld Codex simply contains more detailed fluff & information on the 5 main craftworlds, their force org. charts and their special units. Hopefully if a new codex is released this year it will contain more, or options for customisation.

You can always use the force org charts of the existing craftworlds, and give them a different name. However, they are the only 'legal' force org charts, aside from the normal eldar list (in Codex: Eldar) and the Ulthwe Strike Force in Codex Eye of Terror.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As alex said, no, but each craftworld leans towards one type of warfare heavily. Alaitoc = rangers and pathfinders en masse, Saim Hann = loads of fast vehicles e.g. vypers, Iyanden gets you loads of wraiths Biel Tan loads of aspect warriors and Ulthwe gets you black guardians and the seer council (which are both excellent units)
    Eldrad is the greatest among us, he is the sun which eclipses the light of our stars.
    He is Ulthwe.

Forelli's gonna get ya!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though remember, these ARE the 3rd ed codexes we're working with here, which will be updated by the end of the year. It may be possable that eldar will get a "create a craftworld" ability, but not likely. The craftworlds themselves offer enough customization for me.
    I've seen a man roll 26 ones in a single handfull of dice, and Tycho die 49 consecutive times in 60 games. I've had a wolf lord never die (106 games) and a war walker kill a Force Commander AFTER its gotten both weapons destroyed. I've lived a full gaming life.

+ Reply to Thread