Broodlord Biomorphs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broodlord Biomorphs

Im considering putting some additional biomorphs on my broodlord, cept im not sure if its worth it, so some opinions please?

currently, he has extended carapace and toxin sacs. They're staying, but I'm considering giving him either acid maw or implant attack, and flesh hook him (maybe)

flesh hooks are there mainly because the people i play against know im going to infiltrate and make a lot of use of the cover before i even get close, so they strike at initiative 10, which sort of gets annoying <_<

Implant attack is there to help me deal with independant characters from other armies, like emeperors champion and the necron lord

i dont think acid maw is that effective, since my broodlord is usually wounding on 2+ anyway, or at least has a decent roll range, and as for feeder tendrils... well, with a WS 6, hes gonna get a 3+ hit anyway, and so will the gene retinue with him =/

opinions?

Last edited by Dark_exCal; April 28th, 2006 at 17:43.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The feeder tendrils can actually be useful on a broodlord because it gives the perferred enemy bonus to nearbly squads as well. This is good for hormogaunt squads fighting nearby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InnuitFireman
    The feeder tendrils can actually be useful on a broodlord because it gives the perferred enemy bonus to nearbly squads as well. This is good for hormogaunt squads fighting nearby.
    But considering he has to have a retinue of Genestealers and they won't need the Feeder bonus I don't know if it's worth it. But for the cost, having it isn't a big deal.

Actually a Broodlord with those upgrades you mentioned alone are sufficient (you won't EVER need the Init upgrade unless you were playing against a DE guy). Maybe implant attack because you have power weapons (and rending).

Problem with a Broodlord is he's expensive (because you HAVE TO take a retinue). And the EC will help but not a whole lot. Broodlord squads tend to draw a lot of fire and aren't as durable as a HT or Carni.

Still, the ability to infiltrate if the mission allows might be reason enough to take it. It can be a HUGE distraction for the enemy.

+ Reply to Thread