Strange Commander names - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange Commander names

Ok hey. well i was in my GW local Shop and some guy had commander farsight

Now he won the game but half way through i finished My game. so i started talking to him on how i should do my tau army(BTW. i might go FOF) so commander farsight came in the convo.
    he started to make jokes about his Farsight guy. witch got me to thinking. i shall call my commander

COMMADER SHORTSIGHT! lol i told him i got a few laughs out of it..

Any way this whole topic is what u might call your commander and how u want it to be like that..
    so like put Name/story/why in any order.i just wana do this to see how u guys do it

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hive Fleet Cobra
    Ok hey. well i was in my GW local Shop and some guy had commander farsight

Now he won the game but half way through i finished My game. so i started talking to him on how i should do my tau army(BTW. i might go FOF) so commander farsight came in the convo.
    he started to make jokes about his Farsight guy. witch got me to thinking. i shall call my commander

COMMADER SHORTSIGHT! lol i told him i got a few laughs out of it..

Any way this whole topic is what u might call your commander and how u want it to be like that..
    so like put Name/story/why in any order.i just wana do this to see how u guys do it
    My commander is called Reginald, simply because I can call him what the hell I want and i want to call him Reg its a good old traditional yorkshire name and I know tau respect tradition, so Reginald it is. My Shas'El is called Dave and the Ripper on my carnifex base is called Leanord all good names I am sure you must agree, P'S my Carnie is called Rebecca (dont ask)

With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Well, at various times I've have different models for my commanders.
    Commander Pimpstick, well...he had Green Stuff pimp clothes.
    Commander Wallace is an Aun'Shi model that I converted to be holding a GK Terminators sword, and is standing on a big rock.
    Commander Ravemaster had the Necron glowsticks and LEDs put in various places.

Right now I'm working on a new model...Not sure what he'll be called.

At one point, I had a name for every model in my Tau army (58 Fire Warriors, 4 Crisis Suits, 6 Stealths, 2 Broadsides, 8 Gun Drones, 17 Kroot, 1 'O, 1 Aun). I forget what they all are, so I might go back and name them again. Why...well, I have a lot of free time.
    Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 'O is called Firemane because well, I play Magic: the Gathering and one of my favorite cards is Firemane Angel. Plus, he's been converted to look part Necron as he's part of the Farsight Enclaves.....
    "Politicians don't actually lie, they tell the truth in their own words."
    - Mr. P.

Vengeance SM Chapter
    Commander
    5x Assault Marines
    10-man Tactical Squad
    10-man Tactical Squad
    10-man Tactical Squad
    Razorback
    Devastator Squad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

Commander Forest Strike- my cadre is a tau experiment run by ethereal Aun'Ko'Sho'T'Ka (meaning blinded my blow becuase he is blind in one eye (damn you horrible flash lines =P) thats goal is to replace the kroot as the prominant Jungle fighters. Ko'Sho doesnt like Kroot...at all so he is training a special tau cadre that is organized and very at home in the jungle, they use American Vietnam tactics, the4 commander Forest Strike was personally picked of all the 'Os to lead the experimentation. He supervises the training of the cadre under the watchful eye of Ko'Sho. His jungle elitist tau are almost trained and ready for battle versus the enemies of the EMpire and Forest Strike is nervous to impress the Etherreal and the empire with his efforts. He is armed w/ plasma, missil pod, multitracker, stim injectors.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

I have an XV8 Shas'El who likes to be called Sandra, but only on weekends, why? well thats his business I dont like to ask

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol nice. but wow thats 97 names.. i have a guy that has a scout army that dose that..
    now i might call him scoot

Senior Member Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I have an overall naming scheme for my Tau forces.

For example:

Fire Warrior Troop 1
    "Tinder (Team) Alpha"

Fire Warrior Troop 2
    "Tinder (Team) Omega"

Crisis Monat 1
    "Flint Alpha"

Crisis Monat 2
    "Flint Omega"

With the corresponding Alpha's supporting their counterparts.
    Other troops either get the Tango attachment to their assigned Tinder or Flint labels, or are labelled "Strike" or "Striker" with the apporpriate suffix.

After all, you don't want enemy decoders knowing the names of your commanders and team leaders.

Still, I fancy myself a [terrible] writer and there tend to be back stories to anyone with some significance to my army, HQ's, team leaders, vehicle pilots, etc.

I even have a progression for my army point sizes, aka, if a small point army has crisis suits, but the next larger sized army has Broadsides instead, than I fully assume the Crisis pilots are now in the Broadsides.

My short fiction on the site has a team of Stealths, all with their own names and short backgrounds.

Of course, my HQ is named after me generally. Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon.

Now, as far as I know, there is now actual meaning to "Dev'n" in the Tau language, so I get to make it up. It's based on my RL last name, "Devine" which means "of the vine" in french or something, but everyone who hears it thinks of the holy implications. Which is fine since my first name is Raymond, which in biblical terms is a gaurdian type angel.

And my HQ is generally watching over my FW teams. :yes:

So yeah, sorry that wasn't as light hearted as everyone elses, and prolly went way to deep on a path that the thread wasn't really meant for...but naming is incredibly important to me for some reason...

"With Flint and Tinder one can start a fire, but only with discipline can it be controlled and applied, Strike with precision young commander..."
    Sig by:Knape, The Celestial, and Marlinspike, thanks guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

Well, I have a few but my favorite is my fire warrior L'roy jnk'ins. He has a emp grenade and pulse rife, then 3 pulse rifles and 2 carbines on the back, and a big beefy giants arm he chopped off a fantasy model, and a chainsword, and a multi-melta. And needless to say, he charges into areas yelling llllllroooooyyyyyyyy jnkkkkkiiiiinns!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon
    I have an overall naming scheme for my Tau forces.

For example:

Fire Warrior Troop 1
    "Tinder (Team) Alpha"

Fire Warrior Troop 2
    "Tinder (Team) Omega"

Crisis Monat 1
    "Flint Alpha"

Crisis Monat 2
    "Flint Omega"

With the corresponding Alpha's supporting their counterparts.
    Other troops either get the Tango attachment to their assigned Tinder or Flint labels, or are labelled "Strike" or "Striker" with the apporpriate suffix.

After all, you don't want enemy decoders knowing the names of your commanders and team leaders.

Still, I fancy myself a [terrible] writer and there tend to be back stories to anyone with some significance to my army, HQ's, team leaders, vehicle pilots, etc.

I even have a progression for my army point sizes, aka, if a small point army has crisis suits, but the next larger sized army has Broadsides instead, than I fully assume the Crisis pilots are now in the Broadsides.

My short fiction on the site has a team of Stealths, all with their own names and short backgrounds.

Of course, my HQ is named after me generally. Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon.

Now, as far as I know, there is now actual meaning to "Dev'n" in the Tau language, so I get to make it up. It's based on my RL last name, "Devine" which means "of the vine" in french or something, but everyone who hears it thinks of the holy implications. Which is fine since my first name is Raymond, which in biblical terms is a gaurdian type angel.

And my HQ is generally watching over my FW teams. :yes:

So yeah, sorry that wasn't as light hearted as everyone elses, and prolly went way to deep on a path that the thread wasn't really meant for...but naming is incredibly important to me for some reason...

"With Flint and Tinder one can start a fire, but only with discipline can it be controlled and applied, Strike with precision young commander..."
    Thats actually not a bad idea...

Quote Originally Posted by meohistophales
    Well, I have a few but my favorite is my fire warrior L'roy jnk'ins. He has a emp grenade and pulse rife, then 3 pulse rifles and 2 carbines on the back, and a big beefy giants arm he chopped off a fantasy model, and a chainsword, and a multi-melta. And needless to say, he charges into areas yelling llllllroooooyyyyyyyy jnkkkkkiiiiinns!
    Some how i expected some one to do this..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast