Death Leaper - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Death Leaper

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Death Leaper

can a single death leaper be put into a unit with two lictors, they are same basic thing, ones just enhance slightly or dehanced?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls
    can a single death leaper be put into a unit with two lictors, they are same basic thing, ones just enhance slightly or dehanced?
    I would assume that Death Leaper wouldn't be used with a Lictor "unit". On the note of Death Leaper, where will the rules for it be found? I know that there are older rules from the Rise of the Swarm, but will those still be in effect?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

thats where i found the death leaper, it can be used in the new edition, but theres no detail on whether they can be mixed or not

http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/4...eathleaper.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right on that page, first line

"Death Leaper may be fielded as an Elites choice along with the normal allotment of Lictors in any given Tyranid army."

I assume this means you can have your normal allotment PLUS the death leaper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackofasses
    Right on that page, first line

"Death Leaper may be fielded as an Elites choice along with the normal allotment of Lictors in any given Tyranid army."

I assume this means you can have your normal allotment PLUS the death leaper.

That's what I thought too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it would be somewhat overkill to have 3 lictors and a death leaper. If they all came in on the same turn >.< lots of things would go squish.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I think it may mean that the Death leaper replaces one of the Lictors.
    It being a Lictor and all and the maximum allowed in the unit normally is three Lictors.
    I believe the rules for the Death leaper will be in the new city fighting rules and all this should hopefully be properly clarified there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

It clealr means 0-3 lictors and deathleaper, this also backed-up by the PDF of the darkstart event which also says this as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When is he available to buy? Can't wait to get my hands on him. The ability to deep strike anywhere on the table and then have 4 (or 5 if charging) strength 6 attacks. He's got an I6 so most likely he'll attack first and then like other lictors he can hit and run. Too bad he's only got an armour save of 6+.

The rule is a bit fuzzy for fielding him though. "Death Leaper may be fielded as an Elites choice along with the normal allotment of Lictors in any given Tyranid army". Its unclear if you replace a lictor with him or that you can add him to the normal allowance of lictor models.

Has anyone got a better more concise rule for this guy?
    I couldn't figure out if a CC 'Fex or a Shooting 'Fex is better. So I got both of them!

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by tyranidfrenzy
    When is he available to buy? Can't wait to get my hands on him. The ability to deep strike anywhere on the table and then have 4 (or 5 if charging) strength 6 attacks. He's got an I6 so most likely he'll attack first and then like other lictors he can hit and run. Too bad he's only got an armour save of 6+.
    Depending where you are, he could be sitting in your store right now! In American and Canada, I'm almost sure that Death Leaper has been released, since the stores that I visit have him in stock. If he isn't there yet, you shouldn't have too long to wait.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast