A New Alaitoc Army (i Hope) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok basically i was trying to work out an army that would suit me, and came up with this as a basic template, so troop size and equipment is not included as of yet....

1 farseer
    a hell of a lot of rangers
    3 pathfinder squads
    3 wraithlords
    vypers

ok i hear the cries of cheese with the 3 lords but let me try explain why i have chosen them,well i didnt want any aspects in the army and i really didnt want any guardians of any form, i dont really think it fits fluff and i simply dont like them, so i have opted to take the 3 pathfinder squads as elites instead. This left me extremely lacking in close combat, infact i had nothing that could deal with infiltraters and the like so this is the reason the lords where chosen to give me some cc support and also the avatar, as they are gonna hold back and pop out as soon as the enemy is in range to charge my rangers. My army also lacking in heavy weapons to take out vehicles will also be aided by the lords heavy weapons. This is also the reason why i have chosen vypers as mobile heavy weapons.

I know this army will have many weak points probebly against horde armies so maybe some people could give me some advice on what i have up so far...as for cheese im unsure i guess it could be but the lords are the only models i really like and the only ones that can give me some cc punch without using aspects. any advice or comments will be much appreciated thx

Awwww no I opened my drawer and took out some old warhammer models then tried too put them back in and close the drawer but couldn't, damn the stupid black hole = free OOP models for Brettonia due too not being able too squeeze them back in my drawer >_<

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok how many points do you want your army to be or dont yu care. Pathfinders are good. I suggest u put in some dark reapers there really good for any thing your snipers dont have time to hit. Depending on what the game is you might want to put in some warlocks they can come in handy when your farsser is being shot at. Everything else looks ok.
    Church: So let me get this straight you gave the guy our flag.
    Caboose: Is that bad?
    Church: Bad, bad, no next why dont you just help him blow up the whole god @#%&amp; base.

Quotes from Red vs. Blue

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply Parallax,trying to squish all that into 1500 points.....

ok may aswell get what i want in the army first then see how many points i have left....

HQ

Farseer 90 ish

Elites
    3 x 5 pathfinders 360 points

Heavy
    3 x wraithlord 360 ish

ok so that comes to around 890 points leaving me only 600 points for the rangers and vypers.

well changes i could modify the list by...drop 1 wraithlord and the vypers and get 3 warwalkers......

And the dark reapers uh no i hate them well actually i&#39;ll take the reapers into consideration though dropping a wraithlord could weaken my army in the cc department.

Keeping the first list i guess i could fit in 3 vypers for ant-tank and the rest on rangers but this wouldnt get me many rangers any ideas i think i made my list worst arghhhhh&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Awwww no I opened my drawer and took out some old warhammer models then tried too put them back in and close the drawer but couldn't, damn the stupid black hole = free OOP models for Brettonia due too not being able too squeeze them back in my drawer >_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok Im no expert but...

Are you a power gamer? because having 3 wraithlords in 1000pts is pure cheese. Troops choices are compulsory. The path finders are elites ( I think )so you need to get some troops.

Apart from that its an OK list
    Da Future Is Bright, Da futures Green

Ogre Kingdoms 0-0-0
    40k Chaos 5-0-1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 points ,and no i really just wanted some close combat punch due to me not liking aspects and dropping them totally from my army so i think three lords would be good as long as im not using scorps or banshees with them.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wraithlords don&#39;t fit the fluff either, even less so than, say...Striking Scorpions. They&#39;re huge, in-your-face, totally UN-stealthy, and 3 is just plain cheesy. Striking Scorpions are stealthy, almost like close-combat rangers. I&#39;m telling you straight out, you should drop two, if not all of them. Also, it adds IMMENSELY to your numbers. In any case, take some Scorps. If you insist on 3 Wraithlords, go play Iyanden.
    OMFG1337&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;111one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You would also need 2 troop choices, wouldnt you? Also not the wriathlords one is acceptable but three. So many people proof them selves against those things its not funny. get a support battery or fire prism.
    Church: So let me get this straight you gave the guy our flag.
    Caboose: Is that bad?
    Church: Bad, bad, no next why dont you just help him blow up the whole god @#%&amp; base.

Quotes from Red vs. Blue

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awwwww but thats what the lords are there for to scare the enemy from getting near me in cc, ok do you really think lords are that powerful though, i mean just get a champion with powerfist and put him in a squad and charge the lord and theres a good chance the lord will die or be wounded.Also fighting SM they usually have quite a few lascannons and even some sniper rifles.There are loads of models that can take out a lord so IMHO they are really not that strong.And about the lords being less fluffy well i figured that most of the craftworld would be rangers so wouldnt be able to be part of the aspect shrines, but when a ranger dies they could still put him in a lord right :blink:

ok would this be better ..... drop the avatar and take another farseer and drop a lord and spend the 120 or so points in more rangers.

so the army would be :-
    2 farseers
    15 pathfinders
    3 vypers
    2 wraithlords

which will probably leave me with around 500 points for troops in the form of all rangers say 5 squads of 5 rangers does that look any better, also i could if needed drop 5 pathfinders and fit in that squad of scorpians just to hang back behind cover and spring out for cc, these are for the loss of the avatar and lord what do you think? :huh:

so the first list up there ^^ or something on the lines of ..........

2 farseers
    10 pathfinders
    a few scorps
    3 vypers
    25 rangers
    2 wraithlords

you people choose , uh oh maybe this belongs in army lists now , oh well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are pathfinders?? are they the jetbike speer guys??

if i were you i would drop every thing and go for an ass load of snipers not just alot. like 30 of them
    by the way, what is the format for this army list, i should go get the craftworld eldar but im to lazy. please tell me and let me know

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pathfinders are just an elite version of rangers, a few more points, though better cover save , increased leadership and more chance of getting ap1 If by format you mean organisation chart then...same as the standard one but you must take two units of rangers, but they do not count towards your troop limit so you can still include 6 more troop choices...also you can not include more guardian squads, jetbikes or vypers then ranger/pathfindersquads you have :blink:

Closed Thread