Friendly Necron vs IG game... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friendly Necron vs IG game...

Hello

I have a friendly battle coming this Friday with a buddy.
    I'll have 1850 Necrons to his 1850 IG.(also my models) I was hoping for some strategy help. Right off the bat he'll be 1 unit short for a second AF unit but I'm letting him use it anyway.

He'll have 2 Leman Russ, 1 Hellhound, 2 Armoured Fist units, 2 Sentinels(cad. & Armg.)
    A slew of troops, a special weapons group(2snipers), assorted heavy weapons teams and plasma/meltas.

I'll be bringing to the table the following

Lord- Destoyer body, Phylactery, Res. Orb, Dis. Field
    Lord- Veil of darkness, Res. Orb

12 Warriors- Dis. Fields
    12 Warriors- Dis, Fields
    12 Warriors- Dis. Fields

3 Wraiths
    3 Destroyers
    10 Scarab Swarms- Dis. Fields

3 Tomb Spyders
    2 Heavy Destroyers

I'm not looking for ways to improve the list here. I want advice on the best way to harvest their IG souls as these are all the models I have.
    I'm next to positive that he plans on sitting in his deployment zone waiting for me to come to him all the while dropping heavy fire on me. i'll take all the help you're willing to offer.
    thanks...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alrite i think i know what you need to do, hammer and anvil. Keep all of the warriors in res orb distance, in some nice cover, or out of LOS of the Leman Russes. Deepstrike as many things as possible into his battle line. Mabye split the scarabs into two units of 5 and deep strike one to disrupt his battle line...scarabs are expendable like that. Then Turboboost the other ones foward to get that sweet inv save against ordanace. Armor fist squads i woudlnt worry about in since they are forced to come your way. Use the Heavy D's to take out his tanks and get some nice shots at side armor, same with destroyers except they will also work well against guardsman, especially storm troopers. Don't worry too much about plasma and the like because u can get back up from it. Especially not snipers your not going to pin necrons with a LD of 10. Just concentrate on taking out his weapons of mass destruction (Leman Russ's and Basaliks if he has any) and the stormtroopers and veterans which can infiltrate deepstrike and the like. Try not to let him get the jump on your warriors with units like that. If he does you can always use your Lord with destroyer body and the wraiths to assault them, im sure they would win. Also mabye a viable tactic might be assaulting his Chimeras with the Tomb Spyders if they get to close (monsterous creature 2d6 armor penetration) Just dare him to move those Chimeras toward your battle line. Well i hope this helps, if you had Flayed Ones and infiltrated them that would also help, but just use what you have and i think you will harvest some souls for the star gods! Hope that helped!
    “Krump first, assk qweztions neva'!"- 3000 Orks
    5/4/2
    Dark Eldar- 1500 1/0/0
    "the very gods for vengeance cry”- 3000 Dwarves
    3/1/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!
    I'll do my best to get in there and pound away. The hard part is surviving that first turn and getting everything into range.

+ Reply to Thread