1500 Point Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 Point Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Point Army

This is my first attempt at a 40K army, and it hasn't been used on the board, so any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Lord w/

Warscythe
    Ressurection Orb
    Lightning Field
    Gaze of Flame

Lord w/

Destroyer Body
    Veil of Darkness
    Disruption Field

Warrior x16

Warrior x16

Immortals x7

Flayed Ones x9

Wraith x3

Destroyer x4

Total Pts 1498

Any ideas?

Last edited by crazedcucco; May 3rd, 2006 at 02:25.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks good, i like necron armys with 2 lords, but if the veil lord is gonna be with the immortals he wont need the destroyer body! and you also can send the wraiths to help the flayed ones instead of the lord, infiltrate the flayed ones and turbo bust the wraiths, and you can keep the lord with the orb near your warriors (both squads if possible) giving them more staying power while they slowly cross the batlefield into rapid fire range
    Lasciat Ogni Speranza...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Warning: you're going to get a lot of feedback stating that your VoD Lord needs a RO.

Your list looks solid though. All "necrons."

PO 14
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Tis good.

Making noe lord a VoD lord would probably be a good idea (add some mobility).

Personally I would drop the wraiths and bump the immortals up to 10, bump the FO up to 10.

With the spare points simply take another destroyer.

It would be nice to get a monolith in there but necron armies can work without it (but it is a really good tank).

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

My 2 cents...
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedcucco
    Lord w/

Warscythe
    Ressurection Orb
    Lightning Gaze
    Gaze of Flame

Lord w/

Destroyer Body
    Veil of Darkness
    Disruption Field

Warrior x16

Warrior x16

Immortals x7

Flayed Ones x9

Wraith x3

Destroyer x4

Total Pts 1498
    Sticking with your army comp, I would just shift some of the wargear. I'd give the WS, GoF and LF to the DLord and the Veil to the Foot Lord. Since the FO can DS/infiltrate in the right circumstances (ie, Gamma and Omega games) I'd do that with them, attach the DLord to the Wraiths and move them into support range of the FO. That way, you'll have 3 tough HtH units for your enemy to contend with. Then you can use the Warriors/Flying Circus/Destroyers to put firing pressure on other parts of the army, or even to draw fire away from your assaulters.

If you send the DLord and Wraiths on the same flank as the Flayed Ones, you can use the speed of the Wraiths/DLord to tie up units and block LoS to the Flayed Ones to give them a chance to get in charge range. Plus, more targets mean it will be tough to stop them all before they reach CC.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally only condone the use of DBodies in 2 situtions: to be used with a unit of scarabs and a lightning field, and to be used with a unit of wraiths. Exclusively. It is never useful elsewhere, except possibly with on a lord on his own with a warscythe. And that is also the only time a warscythe should ever be used. I'm giong to get so flamed for this, but it's how I see it. A SoL is good enough against most things, warscythes just aren't any better where most situations are concerned. In fact it's worse, because you have to pay, and you lose your shooting.

I say drop the wraiths, drop the 'scythe, drop the Dbody, max out the immortals and FOs, and try and squeeze in a few more warriors.
    *In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks loads, all. This is my first attempt at making an army (I have yet to get teh models), so I don't really have my own experience to glean from beyond a few mock battles with my friends.

The strategy I have now is to shift the wargear, as Gojiratoho said, is to change the wargeaer like thus:

DLord w/
    LF
    RO

and attach him to the FO's. I figure the LF won't prove it's worth in points if it's with the wraiths, there are too few of them and they wont take many hits to cash in on. Then the Fo's that fall still have a 50% chance of coming back up again with the Orb, no matter what. This group I'm thinking of using to get in HtH with the infantry squads my opponent has to 'disable' them. Preferrably large groups of weak troops that will succumb to LF easier (I.E. Iguard). I realize this squad is weak to armor, so I can use the other Lord with VoD, GoF, LF, and attached to immortals to distract or destroy enemy tanks. If this group is attacked in cc, the GoF can minimize the damage they can take untill either the FO's or Wraiths can intervene, or they can Veil to a les melee-some area to wreck havoc.

The Wraiths will probably charge right toward the biggest non-vehicle threat through the most cover they can. If I can't identify the threat, or there is simply no armor (Oh happy day!) then they can charge using as much cover as possible through a direct route to the enemy's side

The troops and Destroyers can provide support fire for the rest of my army, with the destryer's priority ranging from vehicle to heavy units to stronger infantry. The troops I will probably have get to their Rapid Fire range, adn then blast away.

That's about it, if I have any major holes that need fixing, please help. If there are any minor holes, or just anything you don't agree with, still please help. And thanks again to all the feedback I've already gotten.
    Last edited by crazedcucco; May 5th, 2006 at 01:25.

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

They seem like solid tactics, just be careful of the Wraiths charging off on their own. Their save is pretty great, but on average it only takes 9 wounds to drop them.

My only suggetions is to your shooting tactics. If you are going to try to get the Warriors into doubleshot range, start hopfrogging them when you get into the 24" mark (hopfrogging=Moving one squad one turn, then the other squad the next turn, that way you will always have at least one unit that can fire 24")
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay thanks!

Now I just have to get the stuff...

EDIT:

Just realized my warrior squads are each at 12 instead of 16; and because of the added LF to the infantry Lord I dropped a FO, bringing their total down to eight (just figured that out in spanish class today...).
    Last edited by crazedcucco; May 5th, 2006 at 01:24.

+ Reply to Thread