Question about WBB - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about WBB

As the title stated, I had a question about the WE'll Be Back ruel. Does a necron player get to choose when to make the roll or is it manditory for the roll to be taken the turn after the necron dies? EIther way, if you could please back up your position with referances to the codex/rulebook, taht'd be awesome. Thanks in advance for your time.

Code_Red

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

The second paragraph of the section entitled "We'll be Back" on Page 13 of the codex. It says quite explicitly when the rolls are made.

The use of the word "may" seems to indicate that one has a choice in the matter (that is: whether to attempt a self repair or wait until the next opportunity), but then it goes on to just tell one to make the rolls. As such, it seems to me that damaged Necrons -must- try to self-repair at the earliest opportunity.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my friend came up with a loop hole and has it agreed upon by gw staff and people he plays.

hes manipulated the rulings for WBB and Rez Orb. Esentially, if a necron cant make a WBB roll due to powerfist or something else, instead of removing the dead models, he simply leaves them on the table, until the lord with rez orb comes into range. Hes read overthis numerous times and explained it, and no one has yet to disagree to the extent of allowing him not to play it that way. I think the arguement that he feels allows this is specifically in the rez orb rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Hovoc
    my friend came up with a loop hole and has it agreed upon by gw staff and people he plays.

hes manipulated the rulings for WBB and Rez Orb. Esentially, if a necron cant make a WBB roll due to powerfist or something else, instead of removing the dead models, he simply leaves them on the table, until the lord with rez orb comes into range. Hes read overthis numerous times and explained it, and no one has yet to disagree to the extent of allowing him not to play it that way. I think the arguement that he feels allows this is specifically in the rez orb rules.
    I can see how that would work. The way the rules for WBB are written, you only remove the model from the table if it fails a WBB roll. If the model isn't able to make a WBB roll, it just stays there, damaged.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Except for the fact that WBB roles happen at the beginning of the Necron turn, before movements are made. He could leave the powerfist damaged Necrons there if he wanted to, but at the beginning of his next turn he'd have to remove them since if the Lord was out of range with the Orb when the damage was dealt, he'd remain out of range when the rolls would normally be made.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Yeah, so there isn't a loophole in WBB.

I suppose thats good, all you would be able to hear the scream of cheese from space.

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

CHEESE....IN....SPPAAAAAACCCCEEEE

The Camembertyr, vile cheese based lifeforms from beyond the stars, have returned to harvest the lives of the free worlds. Worshipping their star gods, the Ch'Eddar, The Camembertyr roll up on a planet in their flying Swiss Monoliths to lay waste to the populace. Using Limberger technology, they can render a man useless from the stench of their guns.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

+ Reply to Thread