Medusa V - Getting Tactical - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medusa V - Getting Tactical

Not sure how many of you are joining, but there's already a decent discussion going in on Warseer. But rather than link to it, I'd like to start a similar thread here and get some feedback. So.. let's get to the tactics. The objectives for 'Nids, rescure the Death Leaper and consume biomass. The folks on Warseer are saying they should just rush headlong into the cities and save the death leaper then get out. Here's what I think. (as I posted on warseer)

"Ok, so we know the death leaper is of top priority. That's fine. Let's do something about it already. According to information provided in the Medusa handout booklet there is one Death Leaper PER HIVE. There are 9 hives located across the Surface of Medusa V. These will have a SEVERELY INCREASED Imperial Guard as well as Space Marine presence with the growing possibility of Chaos thrown into the Mix. It is crucial that we rescue as MANY Death Leapers as possible as only rescueing ONE might not provide enough genetic material so successfully allow the Norn Queen to make an exact duplicate of this now seperate lictor species. We can afford to lose MAYBE one or two which would give us about an 80% chance of having the pure and raw genetic material needed to produce more death leapers. With an increased Imperial military presence this is no laughing matter.

It is imperative that we retrieve the genetic material as fast as possible, but we cannot afford to throw our small splinter fleets into fire without at least getting twice biomass they went in with. Preferably before even gaining the death leaper. By consuming as much biomass as possible and 'perverting' as many natural resources as possible we can deny them precious materials they would need to feed troops as well as arm them and keep them fully stocked with supplies. As well, by taking as much territory as fast as possible we are gaining biomass to further increase out strength. Releasing toxins into the air and further hampering any resistance.

Deserts (as mentioned before) are becoming infested with Necrons. This works to our advantage. We want to avoid Necrons, and deserts provide insufficient biomass to be absorbed. Therfor the deserts should be completely ignored. This would let us avoid the necrons and significant biomass expenditure in an area that would not provide fruitful mass to be absorbed.

In short, the campaign stretchs out for roughly 4 or 5 weeks. For the first 2 weeks I say We focus on luring imperial forces away from their hives. This may provide an opening for Chaos forces to go in and 'corrupt' imperial citizen which is NOT a concern in the least. Just because they serve chaos does not mean we cannot still eat them and absorb them later. In the process Chaos will also help by killing or at least weakening any resistance or any imperials who have been hunting down the death leapers. So, week 1 try and lure the IG and the space marines away from the strong holds that are their hives with broods of gaunts and the like as well as infiltrate genestealers, lictors and broodlords into their hive cities to spring out later.

week 2: Consume biomass, any and all of it. Trees, wildlife, Imperials. Run the over, shred them to pieces, consume them. Become stronger.

week 3: After luring out the prey and consuming them we should work on cutting off supply lines and consuming and perverting as many natural resources as possible to further weaken resistance. Key targets in this are the spaceport (which would provide escape and reinforcements arriving impossible allowing further biomass consumption and further crippling supply lines.) the monastery is also somewhat key as it is how they call for reinforcements in the first place, although this COULD be ignored. After all, if they call for reinforcements and we're waiting for them when they land, it's more biomass for us. There is also the Mission. The largest promethium refinery on Medusa V. It provides the Imperium with riches to further increase their military might and weapon production. If we cannot consume it, at least find a way to let someone else destroy it. Even if we must expend some biomass to help Necrons or even chaos destroy that refinery, if it cripples the marines and the imperium, I say it's worth it.

In the last weeks of the campaign, we will hopefully have crippled the imperium enough and gathered enough biomass to make full fledged assaults on their major cities. If needed before this time however, our infiltrating legions can make tactical strikes to protect and lure away enemies trying to destroy the death leaper genus. Remember, even if they kill it, the biomass can still be absorbed if done quickly enough. If the death leaper is killed, it's biomass must STILL be consumed which means wiping out all resistance in the area IMMEDIATELY before it's DNA begins rotting away. Preference is still to keep enemies away and keep them alive (as i'm sure gamesworkshop won't give you the genus if its dead). But again, the Final weeks will be full out assaults. All the hoardes that have been amassing in the forests and mountains now charge the city gates while the infiltrator broods jump from sewer systems, abandonned buildings and any other rock they might be hiding under.

The death leaper IS a priority, but going in with no strength would simply lead to us being pummelled into submission. As long we can get the genus absorbed, and get it back to the fleet before the final week we should be ok. SHOULD we be unable to get it before the final week then we must not only get it ON the final week but we must also CRIPPLE Necron forces to stop them from building their shield. I would hope it not come to this.

This is the plan I propose. Any feedback from the rest of the collective would be appreciated."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we just need to win alot of battles at our G.W stores and then if we win enough it will be written in the fluff that we sucsessfully rescued Dearth Leaper. I would love it though if yes we could focuse on getting the Imperial Gaurd out of the hive cities, though I think we just have to wins battles. Though who knows.

One Death Leaper would provide enough DNA for a Norn Queen to duplicate the species, we only need less than a drop of blood as that has every genetic detail of a species in it.

Lets keep this post going people. We all really neeed to put our act together and win this campagin.
    The following was an outstanding repsonce in the Thread "Broodlord and his BS skill"

Quote Originally Posted by PoptartsNinja
    Well, you never know... it might come in handy if he decides to throw a dead Guardsman at someone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by User_42
    I think we just need to win alot of battles at our G.W stores and then if we win enough it will be written in the fluff that we sucsessfully rescued Dearth Leaper. I would love it though if yes we could focuse on getting the Imperial Gaurd out of the hive cities, though I think we just have to wins battles. Though who knows..
    From what i've been told when gaming at GW stores there will be specific campaign missions. I.E. take and hold missions for saving the death leaper and so on. And as listed in the campaign booklet that 'contains the fluff' there is one death leaper per hive city. There are 9 hive cities and I believe 3 of them are in the same region which is the region that norther europe will be gaming in. I'm not sure if we will be able to chose what kind of missions we want to do as part of the campaign or if it will be automatically assigned. It all has yet to be seen.

One Death Leaper would provide enough DNA for a Norn Queen to duplicate the species, we only need less than a drop of blood as that has every genetic detail of a species in it..
    Actually, again i've been told by the folks at GW that sure, you could capture ONE of them but it might not be the original 'pure' strain. So in order to get the death leaper the nid players must rescue as many of them as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay well glad your well informed. I think it will be up to the G.W co-operatoin to deside which battles we have then.

Also.. one Death Leaper should in science should be enough, though this of course is sometimes irrelevent to 40k.
    The following was an outstanding repsonce in the Thread "Broodlord and his BS skill"

Well, you never know... it might come in handy if he decides to throw a dead Guardsman at someone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay well glad your well informed. I think it will be up to the G.W co-operatoin to deside which battles we have then.

Also.. one Death Leaper should in science should be enough, though this of course is sometimes irrelevent to 40k.
    I agree because my original assumption was that should I win a mission to save the death leaper that nids would get the Genus and so on. But when you have hundreds of people gaming I guess you have to make it so that ONE match can't totally change the outcome. I've been trying to stay posted as much as possible until the website opens (which if i remember correctly SHOULD be today.) This will hopefull tell us more. 2 weeks ago there was nothing for a website, yesterday I checked back and at least it had a fancy picture.

Still painting up my nids.. I have about 350 points painted out of 2500 (my god it takes FOREVER) getting tired, bored and very fed up sadly, but i'm gonna do my damndest because I want the death leaper unit (even if most people consider it useless).

Moreso, I want to show people that Nids CAN BE an effective army and that there is more to games than Tau, space marines, Chaos and IG. Maybe encourage people to try them and see a larger presence of nids in general.

I will continue to try and keep up to speed as much as possible. I do e-mail a fellow from my local GW store with questions and updates regularly so we shall see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is quiet a detailed plan you have there jackofasses, I enjoyed reading it.

The Places that I vist to Game are sometimes Melburne Central GW and Chadstone GW,
    But I am more likly to have larger games at My local Club,
    Say I do play a game at my club, would it be more effective if our campaign organiser took down the results and gave it to one of the above GW stores. Should I push this topic with the organiser.
    Also with the good and bad side (force of order, disorder) should I try and attack the order forces over the disorder ones, I am finding this difficult as the club has a larger group of disorder players attacking me rather then the other.

If It looks like I have no idea of what the rules are than could someone tell me where I could find them, the GW site has me Confused.:wacko:
    They are coming for us, flesh and blood ... body and soul.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone got a link to the website?

Also all battle held at a G.W store with the Medusa V codex will be recorded I dare say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Tyrant
    That is quiet a detailed plan you have there jackofasses, I enjoyed reading it.

The Places that I vist to Game are sometimes Melburne Central GW and Chadstone GW,
    But I am more likly to have larger games at My local Club,
    Say I do play a game at my club, would it be more effective if our campaign organiser took down the results and gave it to one of the above GW stores. Should I push this topic with the organiser.
    Also with the good and bad side (force of order, disorder) should I try and attack the order forces over the disorder ones, I am finding this difficult as the club has a larger group of disorder players attacking me rather then the other.

If It looks like I have no idea of what the rules are than could someone tell me where I could find them, the GW site has me Confused.:wacko:
    Basically, if you have a gaming club the organiser should talk to the people at your local GW. They may be given more campaign information accordingly as well as the 'fluff' necessary to hold campaign games outside of the GW stores. From what i am aware there are gaming clubs that are doing this. It could be because they are in areas not served by a 'local' workshop. But I did see postings for it on another forum.

Even if your local club does not partake in the 'fluff' part of the campaign your organiser should check with GW to see if it should be HE who takes down the information, does up the battle reports and so on. I'm not sure how the games are to be reported as of yet. But it's possible you may have to give details of victory margins and maybe even a turn by turn synopsis drawn out on paper or the like. I can't be certain as i've never participated in a GW run campaign before. All I can give you is information as it is passed on to me by GW staff, who are also more or less in the dark on the campaign. I'll be going in on thursday with 500 points painted up (hopefully) to minimum 3 color standard to try and get in a practice round or 2. Won't be the greatest as i won't have the option to 'chose' from all of my units, only those that are painted. But when I go in to practice, I can ask more questions.

For now however it does seem that you might want to focus on fighting Imperial guard and possibly marines to rescue the death leaper. Other than that, just slaughter everything in sight. You being in australia will be focused on Zone Perseus. The other side of the map from myself. i'm in Canada: Zone Tisiphone.

Critical objectives in your area are Hive perseus (main city, this is where you find the death leapers) and The mission (a promethium refinery with an estimated population of 120,000,000. The mission is less critical to us. So focus on the hive and killing anything you can. I have the joys of Hive Tisiphone being in my area as well as Nazdregs Hulk... Oh the joy of slaughtering orks.

edit: I was perusing the necron threads on warseer (ok, sue me for spying) and while my original tactic says we can avoid them well, they don't want to be avoided. They want to squish nids. I guess they don't want us eating the things they intend to harvest. Who knew.
    Last edited by jackofasses; May 8th, 2006 at 12:28.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting

Lol, thanks for all the info and zones jackofasses, they sound interesting.
    and I didn't even say please for it all, thanks again. :yes:

I am up for discustion on any help that can be given to all fellow Nid players or meeting places, or give any rousing speeches, (Brave Heart style).
    Time to smash this campaign and give GW no choice but to award first place to the Great Devourer.:w00t:
    They are coming for us, flesh and blood ... body and soul.
    Last edited by AJ Tyrant; May 8th, 2006 at 13:41.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, time for a bit more information as I was at the workshop last night killing Tau. ( I got a DRAW! But only cuz I got so caught up in killing him I moved my fex away from his objective. If not for that I woulda got 330 points which would have been enough to win outright. Not bad for my first game in a year. and my first game since the new codex!)

Anyway.. back to medusa V. Now, according to my local workshop this is going to be run slightly differently than other GW campaigns have been. According to him there will only be roughly 3 campaign 'days'. Versus like one day every week. However, these days are apparently going to be FULL days of gaming. Hardcore games too. For instance, on july 16th they are going to have a game called Rolling Thunder. (oh yeah, you know what's coming.) It's going to be a battle with nothing but.... TANKS. And I do beleive this does include Carnifexes and possibly Hive Tyrants.. or MC's in general. Not 100% on that. The Rolling Thunder game will go on all day and GW will be updating their site HOURLY with results as well as maps of what is being controlled and so on (again, from what i've been told so might change a little before july.)

The other campaign days will be similar in how they are run, and will also have certain themes to the giant battle days.

As for rescuing the death leaper and gaining biomass. Just play games, lots and lots of games. We need x amount of victories to complete our objectives. So just kill lots of people, lots and lots of people and don't lose... to anyone. No reason to. They are all weak, and suck.. much like tau.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast