Librarium Online Forums banner

Eldar and the UK GT

860 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  TzarNikolai 
#1 ·
To anybody that was thinking of playing In the UK GT this year the rumour below has become reality, should make things more Interesting:w00t:
Can see IW's taking over even more though :cry:

Just a quick heads up guys. After a discussion with Brian Anderson today some armies will no longer be valid for this years GT Season (ie heats and final).

These are:

Codex Eye of Terror, so no LaTD, 13th Company or Strike Force,
Codex Armageddon, so no Speed Freaks
Codex Craftworld Eldar, so goodbye to huge Seer Councils, or Pathfinder and 3 Wraith Lord armies etc.

TBH this doesnt really come as much of a surprise following what happened with Storm of Chaos in Fantasy. Armageddon only has 1 army still valid (Speed Freaks), and half the armies in EoT will be out of date (see next point). As for Codex Craftworld, my understanding of this is that with the new Codex Eldar on the horizon (ie mid season) this will not be valid and so for uniformity across the entire season only armies from Codex Eldar will be permitted.

TheBaron

See less See more
#5 ·
What?! No craftworld Eldar? This is an outrage... but we'll get a new codex soon anyway.

Even so, Vanilla Eldar are simply worse. Thanks a lot GW, I won't be in that silly Space Marine-tournament anyway... :((

I hope USF survives in the new codex though.

#7 ·
I am just as outraged as viktor.. this is just as good as phorbiding eldar to compete in the tournament. A competitative list in the GT class can simply not be made using the codex: eldar alone.

I can only think of two reasons why they would do such a thing as nerfing the eldar out of the tournament. First, last years tournament was won by an ultwhé list containing a 1400 point seer councils, and rumor has it that screams of cheese caused several GW officials to loose part of their hearing. Second, the eldar codex might be updated before the finals, and GW didnt want aspiring players to buy and paint entire armies that would only be valid for half a GT? Though the latter seems awfully un-GW like, it is what I hope for at least.

If anyone here is preparing to go to that tournament, watch out for hordes of DIY chapters and Iron Warriors.. I bet that one of these armies will win the GT, now that the eldar are dead and gone.

In the dark future of the UK GT there is only power armor.

#8 ·
It all depends on when the new codex is released, I suppose. I still find it frustrating they've moved on from campaign books to "proper" codices, though.

is the new eldar book going to be allowed for any of the tournament? like the final?
Any army book/codex must have been available for at least 30 days before an event to be legal. So if it comes out in august, there's a good chance we'll see it at the heats, but if it isn't out until christmas, it will only be the final.

#9 ·
any predictions on who's going to win then?
As It stands at the moment I can see It being all out IW's unfortunately, going from previous GT's and the 'WIN' armies all that's now viable are the IW's.
I can Imagine they'll be a lot a Tau armies (myself Included) maxing ot on Fireknifes, Hammerheads and Kroot seems to be a popular choice(not mine!)
Looking at the Vanilla Eldar, mech lists can still be damn nasty one of the few lists I've seen for GT level gaming:

Farseer Guide/Mindwar/Jetbike/ROW

5 x Guardians 2 x Flamers Warlock Destructor WB
Waveserpant T-L Brightlance Spirit Stones

5 x Guardians 2 x Flamers Warlock Destructor WB
Waveserpant T-L Brightlance Spirit Stones

5 x Guardians 2 x Flamers
Waveserpant T-L Starcannon Spirit Stones

5 x Guardians 2 x Fusion Guns
Waveserpant T-L Starcannon Spirit Stones

Falcon with starcannon, spirit stones and holofield

What do you think? :O
Also from what I've been told the new Eldar codex will not be allowed for the whole season which Is a bit ****ty, sure It would be different would It be power armoured.

#10 ·
It will take 80 BS4 tank hunting autocannon shots to kill that list on the average, so an Iron Warrior list would probably be done with it in turn 3, without suffering too many losses themselves. Also, remember that the wave serpents can not be calibrated to take hits at all, so they will all be gone in round one. Iron Warriors are sick when it comes to competitative gaming.. there is just nothing we can do :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.