Tyrant loadout - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tyrant loadout

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyrant loadout

I have decided to add a second tyrant to my army. All i want is a cheap tyrant who can lay down a largeblast every turn. I already have 2 gunfexs and 3 zoanthropes, so vehicles dont concern me.

I plan to equip him with, Strangler, TL-Devourer, ES(BS+1), Toxin sacks and a single tyrant guard with lash whips. - 174 total

This gives me a cheap tyrant to drop largeblast makers on 5+ save armies every turn. The reason for this build is that my gun fexs are going to be shooting vehicles most of the game, and if i deck the tyrant out with many guards and a VC, the tyrant will cost a fair few points and it would be silly NOT to shoot at light vehicles every turn.

I wouldn't field him against MEQ armies, or any army who i know he wont score many kills a turn with. The single guard is there to provide additional wounds and to help in CC.

Has anyone else had any experience running a tyrant similar to the one i listed? How useful did you find it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

people will disagree with me but i find the Venom Cannon more usefull than tha TL devourer on walking tyrants. the range is Far better 36'' it can insta kill special charaters being S8 and it has a real chance to shoot tanks if you need it to. and because in most games you cant deploy within 24" of an enemy, the TL devourer cant start firing untill turn 3 unless the enemy holds thier ground or rushes in.

<on a side note i have been killed by a CC equipped SM scout army that engaged me on turn 1!, lol so dont discount the value of talons or the bone sword =) >

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would give him a barbed strangler and the bones sword wip combo then if he does get charged he will be able to give some hurt and still be able tofire half decently
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Your tyrant looks a lot like my walkin' HT. I use him against SMs in preference to the broodlord, since the great range on the barbed strangler means he can start annoying the enemy from turn 1. Although the strangler doesn't have a great strength or AP it is still a large blast, and it still pins - even if you manage to kill only 1 SM with a shot. It's also deadly against less well armoured troops.

I tend to run this HT alongside my VC/BS gunfex and tag-team them to soak up heavy weapons fire, so they last into turn 4 or 5 in most games, even if things are going badly. And despite the lack of melee weapons, the fact that this HT is still a monstrous creature makes it still very effective in cc.

But I must try proxying the VC sometime rather than the BS and see how it compares.

+ Reply to Thread