New ork army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New ork army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New ork army

hey guys ive just bought this new ork army it is all painted and made and i am wondering wat you think

HQ
    1 warboss
    mega armour
    mega booster
    kustom shoota md/s/b
    power claw
    bionik bonce
    big horns
    stikkbomb chucka

nob retinue
    10 nobz
    all : mega armour
    3 kombi weapon: shoota/rokkit
    3 kombi weapon: shoota/burna
    rest:kustom shoota md/s/b
    all power claw

ELITE

9 stormboyz +1 nob

9 kommandos + 1 nob
    1 burna
    4 shootas
    5 sluggas n choppas
    ass: tank busta bombz

19 'ard boyz + 1 nob
    2 big shootaz
    1 rokkit launcher
    7 shootas
    10 sluggas n choppas

TROOPS

2 mobs of 30 slugga boyz
    with nobz

2 mobs of 30 shoota boyz
    with nobz

tankbusta mob
    10 including nob
    3 rokkit launchers

stikbomma mob of 30 boyz
    with nob
    1 big shoota
    1 rokkit launcher
    1 burna

FAST ATTACK

10 trukk boyz
    with nob
    1 burna
    4 shootas
    5 sluggas

war bike squadron
    10 war bikes
    with nob

3 war traks
    1 twin linked shoota
    1 twin linked rokkit launcher
    1 skorcha

HEAVY SUPPORT

1 dreadnought
    1 rokkit launcher
    1 big shoota

3 killa kanz
    1 big shoota
    1 rokkit launcher
    1 skorcha

1 battle wagon
    1 twin linked big shoota
    5 bolt on big shootas
    1 zzap kannon

so guys tell me what you think and i haven't worked out the points yet:wacko: lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats almost 4000 points of orks, and you have so many points sunk into overkill units like that enormous retinue of mega armoured nobs (which are practically useless and extremely vulnerable), not to mention how each of your units has a mix of heavy weapons, making it stupidly useless as, for example, a unit would have to fire a big shoota, burna, and rokkit at a tank? Thats silly.

Im not sure if you are just posting everything you have, or this is what you would like to use. It really is too large and uncoordinated to beat anyone but the sloppiest of opponents. My advice is to perhaps look around the army lists section of the forum and check other players lists, look at the criticism that other players gave them, and try to give your army some focus. There aren't going to be many people out there that can even make a 3000 point list, so I'd start small and use your sheer amount of models to make a good 500, 1000 and 1500 point list. Thats all the help I can give you now, as there is no way you can really help this list, it needs a complete restructure.

(Also, many of the things you are using are 'illegal', as in not allowed to be used. For example, a ork in mega armour cannot use a bionik bonce. I recommend you read through the ork codex and at least skim the 4th edition rulebook and get yourself in touch with the rules of the game.)

I do applaude you, however, for having the ability to make / paint all of those orks (with what quality.. I don't know).

Im sorry if this sounded harsh, I hope I helped.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by taftyboi
    hey guys ive just bought this new ork army it is all painted and made and i am wondering wat you think
    Congrats on getting such a huge army, fully painted already. You've got a ton of Ork stuff here and hopefully you got them for a decent price.

The good news is, you have a whole lot of units to select from, and will be able to make decent lists out of what you've got. You will be able to pick and choose the units that you think will be most helpful to you, depending on who you are going to go up against (or even just depending on what mood you are in that day). The bad news is, that there are some units that aren't that effective, or efficient, and I'll try to point those out to you. If you got a good deal on the whole army, then its really no big deal.

HQ
    1 warboss
    mega armour
    mega booster
    kustom shoota md/s/b
    power claw
    bionik bonce
    big horns
    stikkbomb chucka

nob retinue
    10 nobz
    all : mega armour
    3 kombi weapon: shoota/rokkit
    3 kombi weapon: shoota/burna
    rest:kustom shoota md/s/b
    all power claw
    Although this unit is extremely impressive looking, and way cool for "fluff" reasons, most Ork commanders avoid this setup. First, it is extremely expensive, without getting a whole lot of benefit. Mega-armour is great for protecting you, but still gets no save vs. power weapons; since all of your attacks go at Initiative 1, you will always go last in close combat (negating a cool benefit of a successful WAAAGH!). Also, even with mega boosters, you are unlikely to get your full move or assault move each turn. This might keep you out of combat, where you want to be, and out in the open getting shot.

A better, and cheaper route would be to put the Warboss and Bodyguard in 'Eavy Armour, with Bionik Bonce and Cybork Body. This gives them all a 3+ save (vice 2+ in Mega Armour), and gives a 5+ Invulnerable save. Then give 2 or 3 of them Power Klaws and the rest Choppas. Don't give your Warboss a Power Klaw though, since he can be singled out in close combat, you don't want him to go last. Give them all slugga's so they get their extra attacks. A WAAGH! Banner on the Warboss is nice, as it'll help him get the double initiative on the charge, which will help against most opponents.

These guys also need a War Trukk to get them into battle quicker. I'd lose one of the bodyguard to make that happen.

ELITE

9 stormboyz +1 nob
    For Orks this is an extremely small mob. I would max them out at 20. I also really like the special StormBoy boss special character, and you may want to use him (extra assault move and strength on the attack is great).

9 kommandos + 1 nob
    1 burna
    4 shootas
    5 sluggas n choppas
    ass: tank busta bombz
    These are probably ok, but I haven't used kommandos. Someone else might be able to provide you some feedback.

19 'ard boyz + 1 nob
    2 big shootaz
    1 rokkit launcher
    7 shootas
    10 sluggas n choppas
    It is ok to take the special weapons, but I'd take all the same kind, rather than mixing them within a unit (this is pretty much the same advice you'll get regardless of the army you are playing in 40K). Against Marines, or Marine Equivilants (MEQs), I'd take only Rokkit Launcha's and nothing else. RL's are cheap, high-strength, and low AP, which when shooting in mass are bound to kill at least a couple marines each turn and have a chance against his vehicles. Marines just shake off Big Shoota fire like annoying gnats. They'd be useful against low save opponents, like other Orks, Tyranids, and IG though.

TROOPS

2 mobs of 30 slugga boyz
    with nobz

2 mobs of 30 shoota boyz
    with nobz
    Of course, you need all the boyz you can get to fill out your teeming masses. What do your Nobz have? I recommend every Nob mob leader get a Power Klaw, for the same reason every Space Marine Vet Sergeant has one. The hidden Fist/Klaw can't be picked out, and is great for insta-killing tough opponents, and ripping apart vehicles.

tankbusta mob
    10 including nob
    3 rokkit launchers

stikbomma mob of 30 boyz
    with nob
    1 big shoota
    1 rokkit launcher
    1 burna
    I'm not a big fan of either of these units. Even if you choose to use them, I wouldn't mix speacial weapons (see above), but would stick with the Rokkit Launchas for everybody that can get one.

FAST ATTACK

10 trukk boyz
    with nob
    1 burna
    4 shootas
    5 sluggas
    I love trukk boyz, but would get rid of the shootas and burna and stick with slugga/choppa for everyone. Make sure the Nob has a Power Klaw.

war bike squadron
    10 war bikes
    with nob
    These are handy, and are the only unit that might cause some damage with the mass of (twin-linked) Big Shoota fire. Keep them 13-18 inches away and blaze with the guns. Resist the urge to charge into close combat, they are to easy to kill then.

3 war traks
    1 twin linked shoota
    1 skorcha

HEAVY SUPPORT

1 dreadnought
    1 rokkit launcher
    1 big shoota

3 killa kanz
    1 big shoota
    1 rokkit launcher
    1 skorcha

1 battle wagon
    1 twin linked big shoota
    5 bolt on big shootas
    1 zzap kannon
    All, or any of these should be handy when you need them. Just get your core army figured out for a battle, then determine what you need to augment them. You've got a whole lot of good (painted) models to work with, and should have no problem making an effective force.

I recommend picking from what you have to make a good 2,000 point army. Playing games larger than that begins to have diminishing returns on fun. Many opponents don't have armies larger than that anyway.

Well, that ought to be enough advice for now.

Best of luck,

Valerian

+ Reply to Thread