Wraiths - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wraiths

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wraiths

I went to a tourny, but the day before i bought some wraiths. I ended up feilding 2 squads of wraiths, and had my destroyer lord leading them. They tore up anything that came across from them, and were never even shot at. People remarcked how fast they were, as they became worried about my units swarming all over the battlefeild, which was only 4x5 feet. they made my necron army a big success, i lsot the first game becasue i forgot to use teh special scenario modifiers... DOH!!!!, and in the second game the object was to take controll of the center (which happened to be a tower in my case) My oppnent was using space marins with many drop pods. In the end he couldnt touch my monalith, and my wraiths wiped through space marines as if they were nothing.

Point is Wraiths are awsome include them on your list, my friends dont know why i feild two squads of wraiths, but they will c when i play against them.

WOW... that was a lot to write...

If anyone knows some good ways to use wraiths save for rushing them in with the destroyer lord, please post it. Also post your experience using wraiths.

-Do not regret what you cannot change

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or you could check out my post about Wraiths, it should be somewhere near the top here we discussed Wraiths alot.

Glad thay could work out for you and I agree they rock. How many did you roll with? I was thinking two units of two or one of two and one of three would be about perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wraiths

I used 2 squads of 3, with my destroyer lord in front

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also use a 'wraith-wing' when games are over 1500 points. 9 wraiths destroyer lord kitted out. Very nasty (and expensive!!) squad to put on the field. They usually get their points back going against terminators and wraithlords.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love wraiths. their rules, their look, they are my fav necron unit style wise.
    but the sad truth is destroyers are more effective though not nearly as cool.
    at least against MEQ armies, wraiths dont hold up, at least whenever ive charged three into a marine squad, they can never get enough failed armor saves to make their points up.
    granted they were space wolves, but they are no can't take a hit any better than regular marines, and i just couldn't down em.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The biggest problem for the Necrons is that all thier best units are in the Fast Attack section.

I love Destroyers, Wratihs and Swarms. If it is a game I know I have to win, I will pick two units of Destroyers and a unit of Swarms. Then I use the points on the Destroyer Lord on Warriors and Immortals.

If Destroyers were Elite, or Heavy how sick a Necron list could we make!!!!

LLoyd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

A better solution is to make Wraiths an Elite choice and Flayed Ones (maybe as a 0-2) a Troop choice. This would really add to the balance and allow for a little more variety in army composition.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Destroyers are nice but my oppennent usually lays waste to them rather easily, the most wraiths that i have ever lost is 2, and thats against tyranids when they took on a hive tyrant, carnafix, and a squad of gaunts.... while my army concentrated on the rest.... its pretty impressive considering afterwards they finished off the rest of their monstrous creatures. I usually get my destroyers blown to bitz

+ Reply to Thread