Drop pods - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drop pods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

Drop pods

Sorry, I know this may not be the right place to discuss space marine stuff.. but I play Tau and my friend plays SM/CSM, and he's always thinking of using that 40 points drop pod with his assualt marine/dreadnaughts.

I have a copy of the 'imperial armour (Update)' which has the experimental rule for drop pods.. how is a drop pod works now? are they still using the same rules found in the book? The more important thing that I want to know is that: can the passenger move/assault the same turn they disembark from the pod? and, what's the best object that you can find around in your house to 'proxy' a drop pod?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

They scatter as normal, they can't assault when they first get down, or move, but they can still shoot. but drop pods do not kill the guys in them if they scatter into a dangerous area, such as into an enemy unit. You just put them down close to that unit.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

110 (x4)

So they are no longer treated as an aircraft doing bombing-run during the opponent's movement phase?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x3)

No, they're deep strikers just like anything else, only with no chance of losing them to a bad scatter. They also have other bonuses such as being able to deploy even on missions in which deep strike isn't allowed.
    Last edited by mephistophales; May 17th, 2006 at 06:11.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by mephistophales
    No, they're deep strikers just like anything else, only with no chance of losing them to a bad scatter. They also have other bonuses such as being able to deploy even on missions in which deep strike isn't allowed.
    Two things ar bad for Tau with Drop pod marine armies:

1 Termies with assualt cannons, they can hurt anything.

2 Librarian with fear of the dark, can have Tau units running of the board edge.

My way of dealing with 1 ids is to seperate the FW and other units as much as possible and deploy in cover if possible, I take a DF with FW and I keep it close to my FW so I can place it between any dangerous unit and my FW and also have the FW team add its firepower, not much will stand up to 48 rapid fire pulse rifle shots (even termies) and I have the DF to help by stoping assaults.
    I keep Kroot close as well and use them to stall any tough unit while my valuable stuff runs.

XV8 Helios helps as well.

The librarian well you just have to hope you pass the LDS tests.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

110 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru
    and I have the DF to help by stoping assaults.
    Oh right.. speaking of which, the big black book says models can not pass through/stop within 1" of your opponent's model... does it apply to our skimmer as well? like, if i have a squad of pathfinders disembarked thru the rear door with no other area around the devilfish for my opponent to squeeze through, then my squad of laser pointers are safe from being assaulted?

and, if i take 5 piranhas then spread them out in a line formation from 1 terrain to the next terrain, no more than 1" apart in between all 5 and the terrains... does it block the path of my opponent's movement through them?

it's been a big confusion to me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x3)

You can do that. some marine biker players pull their bikes up with turbo boosting, cover all the hatches, then blow the transport up which kills everyone inside. Your opponents can't move within 1" of you during the movement phase. This sounds like a useful rule at first, but it's balanced because it is very difficult to use effectively in the heat of battle.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

110 (x4)

OHH brilliant idea :yes:

now i got a new way to deal with my friend's CSM rhino trying to pull off an open-top jump-out assault scam on me! blocking all the exits with my piranha then blow it up with my fusion cannon within 6" .. haha :yes: :yes: :yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by nekochen
    OHH brilliant idea :yes:

now i got a new way to deal with my friend's CSM rhino trying to pull off an open-top jump-out assault scam on me! blocking all the exits with my piranha then blow it up with my fusion cannon within 6" .. haha :yes: :yes: :yes:
    Are you trying to tell me that your friend is saying rhino's are open topped and marines can assault out? That's just not the case, I have the marines codex and I play sisters myself, assaulting out of a rhino is a no no. They also can't assault on the same turn they got out if the rhino moved then let them out. Is your friend playing by a previous edition's rules?
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

110 (x4)

Oh really? we all thought we could declare by their turn if they want to open its 'top' for that turn and last until the next movement phase.. i guess we've been playing wrong.. but i bet it isnt the only rule we are not playing right, hah hah .... :x

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast