Considering Starting Feral or Snakebite (Fantasy Conversions) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

34 (x2)

Considering Starting Feral or Snakebite (Fantasy Conversions)

Hello Orky Brothers. I've been thinking of starting up an Ork army. I have a ton of Orcs from Fantasy that I'd like to convert into a 40k army. Heres what I have.

Many, many boys that could become sluggas easily.
    A bunch of gobbos that I'd turn into grotz.
    Black Orcs that I'd convert into Ard Boyz.
    Boar Boyz to make Cyboar Boyz.
    Bunch of Orc Characters to turn into nobz and a warboss (including one mounted boss).
    Spear chuckas/lobbas to make into artillery.
    2 Boar-drawn chariots to turn into wartracks or other vehicles.
    Shamans that could become wierdboyz, docs, or meks, depending on conversions.

I have several questions. First, where can the rules for feral orks be found??
    Second, what is your experience with these units/armies? Are they fun to play? Effective? I know very little about 40k orks, so any advice is much appreciated.
    Third, are there any units not mentioned that I should purchase (ie really awesome units that orks shouldn't leave home without)?

I'm also considering converting a battlewagon (pulled by tons of wolves) and a dreadnought (a giant covered in armor with gunz and stuff). Let me know what you think of this. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

-5 (x0)

very nice ideas if you do ferals madboys are good and so are squigoths their rules are on the gw site in the ork bit at the bottom so are the snakebites. i'd go for snake bites as u can still have dreads, other common gizmos and stuff? Then also a few feral units aswell.
    i haven't had any experience with them so maybe some else can help u there.

good luck

lord opium

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

9 (x3)

Here is the official rules for Feral Orks off of the United Kingdom GW website:

Ferals orks have a lot of stupidly cheap units (such as madboyz and squiggoths) that are extremely good for their points. Feral orks are, however, a little more limited on what they can take and have real weaknesses against certain armies.

Although this is seen as 'cheese', an army maxed out on cheap madboyz and squiggoths is a force that is nearly unstoppable.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

+ Reply to Thread