whip and sword - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: whip and sword

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whip and sword

okay the lash whip and bonesword on a hive tyrant... any good? is it worth taking over a second set of scy talons

carnifex and extended carapace now with the new rules he can have a toughness of 7 now it occursto me that pretty much everything that can hurt him will ignore his save anyway so is it worth the 25 points?

another carny one is crushing claws i think these are awsome however i keep gettin told they arn't worth their points so what do you think?

if we wish to have warriors as hq can we give them wingswithout them becomming fast attack

and lastly i found the red terror, old one eye and deathleapers rules on the uk site and it seems their rules have been changed to keep in line with new dex so is it ok to use them or are they only unofficial fun sp's to include in a friendly game

"take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello!

BoneSword&LashWhip:yes: A HUGE yes from me on that one buddy. This is a very useful combination especially when an oponent pops out some nasty surprise. This weapon combination is also good with Toxin Masama (spelling) as them opponents have reduced attack with reduced WS. I consider this a worthy option which has paided for its points on many occations.

It would be up to you wether or not you take that extra toughness as if really depends on your opponents army and army list. I suggest that you make the rest of you army then if you can spare the point you can use it then.

I would take the claws only if I knew my carnifex was going to last until combat. Otherwise NO!

I think its completly offical though you need to have printed the rules for the Red Terror and Death Leaper or have access to the internet so that you can quickly prove yourn't not lying/cheating.
    The following was an outstanding repsonce in the Thread "Broodlord and his BS skill"

Quote Originally Posted by PoptartsNinja
    Well, you never know... it might come in handy if he decides to throw a dead Guardsman at someone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool oh but i wasn't questioning the extra toughness i was questioning buying the extended carapace when he has got the extra toughness

oh and before i forget can i take multiples of the same biomorph if it dosn't have an asterix next to it?
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, always take the extended carpace. ALWAYS!!

Well actaully and I laughed extrememly hard when I found this out, you can. YOu can take bonded exoskeleton many times. NO LIE! The codex states "** A Carnifex may only have one of these biomorphs" this means that ugrades with "**" after them are only allowed to be taken once and bonded exoskeleton interestingly enough doesn't have this. I'm sure it was meant to be there, but since it isn't you certianly can take it many times.
    The following was an outstanding repsonce in the Thread "Broodlord and his BS skill"

Well, you never know... it might come in handy if he decides to throw a dead Guardsman at someone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by User_42

YOu can take bonded exoskeleton many times. NO LIE! The codex states "** A Carnifex may only have one of these biomorphs" this means that ugrades with "**" after them are only allowed to be taken once and bonded exoskeleton interestingly enough doesn't have this. I'm sure it was meant to be there, but since it isn't you certianly can take it many times.
    You should read the first paragraph of "Biomorph Enhancements" pg.32 of the Tyranids codex to find out why it may only be taken once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dam it! One sentance I missed. Fair enough. Its nice to dream though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Plague_00
    another carny one is crushing claws i think these are awsome however i keep gettin told they arn't worth their points so what do you think?
    When it comes to crushing claws, it depends on what else your giving the 'fex. If your going with that possible 10 strenght 10 attacks then the claws are worth it. The downside to them ebing their unpredicatbility in how many attacks you can get from them. (But then again if you give it talons, mace tale, tusked then its going through anything and everything regardless of wether you roll a 1 or 6. And then implant attack for those ork nobz and boss...)

[Yep, if you want to make crushing claws a really scarey weapon then the model becomes extremely expensive and will draqw even more fire than usual. That would be another downside to the claws.)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah but with a toughness of 7 and 5 wounds i actually like it when he gets shot cus then they have to ignore my hormys

+ Reply to Thread