Catalyst + Bonesword - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question: If I have a bone sword (catalyst) and a psychic power on my Hive Tyrant, can I use both abilities in the same turn? I ask this because it seems the Catalyst power comes from the bone sword, not the Tyrant himself.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by knightenfex
    Question: If I have a bone sword (catalyst) and a psychic power on my Hive Tyrant, can I use both abilities in the same turn? I ask this because it seems the Catalyst power comes from the bone sword, not the Tyrant himself.
    Answer:
    From what i can see?? Yes. It does not say anywhere in the codex that you cannot. Thatd be pretty good when i think about it... Thank you for the idea.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question: Does a hive tyrant with bonesword give catalyst to all broods within 6", AS WELL as one brood within 24" which the player designates during the tyranid assault phase? Or is it one or the other?

(This is related to my last question. Basically does catalyst give both powers or do you need the bonesword AND catalyst to do this?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no bonesword only does what is ses it does if ya want the larger range one ya have to buy it from the armoury
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

I moved these posts out of the Tyranid FAQ thread, since I think they're going to spark a bit of a discussion. If we can find a solid answer (With references!), I'll repost it in the FAQ thread.

Now, the way I see it, there is nothing anywhere that says you may only use one Psychic Power per turn. I know many people like to play like that, myself being one of them, but there is no hard, fast rule (except in the Chaos Codex).

But since the Bonesword mimics the effects of Catalyst, does it also inheret the "May only be used once per turn" rule? If so, does that stack with the Bonesword? Or are they completely seperate abilities that have similar effects?

Thoughts?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    [COLOR=DarkOrchid]Now, the way I see it, there is nothing anywhere that says you may only use one Psychic Power per turn.
    Not quite correct. True, it doesn't reference it in the BGB, but it does in the codex space marines. See the italic text at the top of the Space Marine Librarian Psychic Powers section of their codex, page 26.

One could argue it only applies to SM librarians, but the wording tends to indicate it refers to all psykers. And would explain the Eldar Farseer's Spirit Stones. After all, why would you have to pay for wargear to allow you to cast a second power in the turn if you could already?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by moob
    And would explain the Eldar Farseer's Spirit Stones. After all, why would you have to pay for wargear to allow you to cast a second power in the turn if you could already?
    Because the Eldar codex was written in the previous edition of the Rules Book? I don't have one handy, so can't confirm that it might have had the rule in the previous edition, so I'm reaching a little bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

I believe you can only cast 1 power which requires a psychic test per turn though i can't back this up with proof. Hence librarians can't use a force weapon if they used a psychic power. However the Bone sword is an always on like a warpfield etc... You can use as many always on powers as you like but only 1 power that requires a test. unfortunately I can't back that up....

Carni
    If you like the post click the *STAR* <===

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnifexus
    However the Bone sword is an always on like a warpfield etc...
    Not quite, but almost. The Bone Sword is always on for the model carrying it, but requires a psychic test in order to extend the effects out to six inches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay the 40k rule book states only one psychic test per turn, so you can buy both the sword and the power the sword will always be on but then you must chooses whether you wish the one unit within 18 inch or all within 6

so just to re-interate only one psy power TEST may be taken per turn thus why sm librarians can't do both their weapon and power and farseers spirit stones and nids are no exception
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast