dicided to start tyranids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dicided to start tyranids

hey guy i dont post on here often as u mite tell but i find this forum really usful so any lets cut to the chase. i play orks & dark elder and i have decided to have a go at a nid force so i was thinking about what i should buy to start off and i decided on:

- the tyranid battleforce
    - and extra box ov gaunts
    - and a hive tyranid

do you guys think this is a good starting point????

P.S i was just wondering is there anyway ov using a tyranid force mainly built up ov monstorus size creatures and just using gaunts as a meat shield or is this not a good idea

thanx in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Yes you can use a nid force of mainly TMC but it wouldn't be that good of an idea using gaunts for a meat shield as you wouldn't have enough synapse. It would be better to use rippers and genestealers but genestealers are a bit more tricky to use.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so what do you think i should get for my nid force to start off with money isnt a problem atm im aiming for about a 1000 point force to start off with

P.S im aiming for more ov a beat-down army not so much speed
    Last edited by darklord2005; May 20th, 2006 at 08:36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gaunts dont work as a meatshield for TMC's anyway, since people dont have to take a priority check to fire at an MC

gaunts for meatshield usually only work if you've got something behind it that cant afford to be shot at, like a brood of genestealers

if you're using TMC's, the most common troop choice(that ive seen) is ripper swarms, since 60pts meets the min. req. of 2 troop choices.
    Last edited by Dark_exCal; May 20th, 2006 at 14:35.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Yes thats a good place to start building a Tyranid swarm.
    If you want nothing but monstrous creatures it is always going to be a very specialized swarm. If you want some more options for it try using the Red terror. The Red terror is a monstrous creature and it goes in the fast attack section of the swarm so it won't eat up HQ or heavy support slots. This will give you a total of nine monstrous creatures.
    The rules for the Red terror are found on the GW official site. It isn't a special character so you don't need to ask anyone before using it.
    The model is only avialiable from the online shop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

I would add Genestealers before adding more gaunts. The fundemental problem with the new battleforce is that it doesn't come with enough gaunts to use (Squads of Eight are worthless), but it comes with gaunts none the less...For just starting out, and not really wanting a speedy army I would surely pick up more genestealers, but you do need to know that you will at some point (if you ever use gaunts) will need to pick up some more gaunts; 8 is only enough to die the turn it reaches the enemy lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that is why he is getting a box of gaunts... That should put him at 16 a piece and that is easily fieldable

+ Reply to Thread