grrrr.... hate orks..... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

grrrr.... hate orks.....

alright... heres what happened

i play mainly genestealers, since i dont have enough hormies, nor TMC's, to field an army without genestealers and still be a viable list

as such... i ran into this problem...

please keep in mind, this is my first time in this situation, and first time vs'ing a vehicle that isnt a walker

anyway... deep striking my broodlord as per usual, carni on the other side

my ork friend decides to run up a spike buggy... with spikes and blades... right up to my broodlord and retinue...

so i go and charge it, not knowing what spikes and blades do

since it moved more then 6" i hit on 6+... as you can probably tell by the title of this thread, not many hits...

ok now the torment begins...
    25 attacks total... 4 hits... 21 misses....
    21 str3 hits on my genes and broodlord ><

then his turn, goes around a bit, drops a flamer template onto my broodlord and retinue...

luckily managed to pop it with a VC toting warrior on a single shot but....
    that was one buggy...
    seeing as this guy turns out vehicles in days, i might be seeing more of those buggers soon sooooo

advice, very much appreciated, how do i kill those bloody things without taking too much dmg from them? cause charging with genes is DEFINATELY not an option -.-
    and my fex is too slow to keep up with the 12" moving spikey thing

Last edited by Dark_exCal; May 22nd, 2006 at 11:30.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Well I don't play nids man, but I do play orks and let me tell you any games I have played against nids have been very bloody but very fun affairs.

The thing about genestealers is that their attacks are wasted on high save oppenents like orks. They come into there own against marines and termi's If I were you I would get them stuck into any nobs in eavy or mega armour and/or ard boys.......

Also remember that ork vehicles armour is not normally very good, ususally ten all round so strength 4 weapons do have a chance of hurting them....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just be glad you haven't encountered the choppas yet. I had a Hive Tyrant with full Tyrant Guard, he had a 20 man squad of Orks with choppas, and he went through my Tyrant with full Tyrant Guard and Carnifex in TWO turns. I killed his Warboss with Termagaunts in assault, which is surprising. But I plan on getting my revenge... >=(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh my genes take care of slugga boyz long before my tyrant gets into the mix

its just the problem of spiked and bladed buggies tempting me at this point

i think ill go field myself another shootie warrior brood, and pop the bloody thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best answer to your problem is VC. 36" range and if its open topped it counts as penitrating. Either warrior or Gun Fex with blow thew em pritty quick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeh thats how i killed it that game...

is that the only option though? cause in the near future... hes probably going to be fielding as many buggies as he can -.-
    not sure how many VC's i can bring on the table to match it, and IF it will match it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RE: spiked buggy

How about sporemines? Those should do some good, especially since those buggies are open topped.

Archival

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Archival
    How about sporemines? Those should do some good, especially since those buggies are open topped.

Archival
    hmmm good point,
    toxin spore mines would actually work well... hrmmm....
    at the very least, it will stun it and let my genes get a better shot at it

thanks, i completely overlooked that one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raginrok
    My best answer to your problem is VC. 36" range and if its open topped it counts as penitrating. Either warrior or Gun Fex with blow thew em pritty quick.

it's my understanding from the rulebook that venom cannons still only get glancing hits... unless someone can clarify that part for me
    And so the Ultramarines Tyrannic War Veteran says to his friend "Lictor? I hardly knew her"

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon
    It's like that Britney Spears song which you hate, but know secretly that you really like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Insanelicense
    it's my understanding from the rulebook that venom cannons still only get glancing hits... unless someone can clarify that part for me
    They can penetrate Open Topped vehicles, now.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast