Vespids..... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vespids.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vespids.....

I'm looking to see what everyone opinion is on vespids and how to effectively use them. Personally i think they can do either really amazing or almost nothing. Ive seen them jump in and inflict 2 wounds then get all but destroyed, but ive also seen them chop down half a squad of spacemarines in one turn while still in decent cover to fight again next turn. But i want to know your opinion on them and how you use them.

I'm bad for your health

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when and if i use them they will be a clean up crew. they will target weaked units. preferably MeQ units at or below 6 models (with a vespid unit of 12 models) so there is a decent chance of seriously cripiling a unit if now outright destroying it. instead of charging head on into a fully unit that will destroy me in my opponents next turn
    It is my sacred duty to save your soul from the Dark Gods of Chaos... and I willsave your soul, even if you die in the process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

max is 11 models i think, acording to the wording.
    vespid can be devastating, but are imo best used in conjunction with other troops, as they don't have that much attacks. My idea is, altho i didn't have played them yet , my army is still under construction, that they are a good backup force for kroot. especially in woods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have this friend obsessed with Vespid who takes 20 of them in two squads, essentailly in a flanking role, one squad covers the other, so if they come against say a fully armoured SM squad they will decimate it, besides they look scary, especially with a hammerhead with a railgun coming down the other side.
    Strength is knowing your weakness

THIS IS SPARTA!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wespids are awsome. i took on a squad of striking scorpions with 6 of them and killed all but one in shooting and assault. true, they were assaulted by a avatar next turn, but they held until i could kill everything else. true power against MEQs.
    TAU PLAYER - GREY KNIGHTS PLAYER - WOOD ELVES PLAYER (kind of)

"Grey Knight terminators aren't 'good.' THEY'RE F****N AWESOME!!"

Senior Member Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

A) They are not front line troops. Treat them like everything else in the army.

Yes, they only get one shot per model, but that shot is also an ASSAULT shot, they can charge after it.

C) This gives them another attack. Vespid have decent Iniative, this is good.

So yeah, I think they are a great Fast Attack option, so long as you are facing 3+ saves and you know how to use them. If you aren't fighting Marines or other power armor opponents, other things in your army will do much better.
    Sig by:Knape, The Celestial, and Marlinspike, thanks guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

I have used them to flank smaller Devastator squads midgame or covering my Firewarriors using Fish of Fury to really ensure the death of any Marines OR Necrons tring to get friendly with my units.

Both Tactics have worked really well IMO.
    Remember remember the fifth of November... Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason... Should ever be forgot...
    - = Always watching = -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 vespid shoot, 5 hit, 3 necrons die, 1 or 2 get back up. So 1,5 warriors killed per turn. Somehow it doesn't strike me as the meq killer we were supposed to get.

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Vespids have two primary function IMO

1) Kill small squads of MEQs by shooting

2) Kill larger squads of poor cc units in shooting and then assaulting

They are fast and mobile but not front line troops as already pointed out. They are good at reaching objectives fast and to make it to the rear of a tank. 10 S5 shots should be able to at least glance them. But I will not say that they are tank hunters far from. I just trying to say that they have a lot of functions
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

theyre faster than anything in the tau army (besides piranha) they have higher innitiative than anything in the tau army (besides kroot hounds) and with the help of a markerlight or 2they can easily dispatch a good number of +3 saves a turn.

What they arn't are a unit that can hold its own without any support. You need to use them intelegently, such as to mop up stragglers, sneak attack heavy weapons teams, and grab table quarters like *****es on the last turn with a 24 inch move.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast