What would you like to change about Ork Elites - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you like to change about Ork Elites

I don't think that the elites choices at the moment are very "elite" what do you think about it??

I was playing Dawn of war the other day and realised how much of a cool idea it would be if there was an elites choice for a squad of nobz!!

The space marines get veteran squads which is made up of their sergeants i think the orks should have one too.

Strength is knowing your weakness

THIS IS SPARTA!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this would be a cool idea:yes: but it may have to be 0-1 or something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

I think that the ork vehicles need as much attention on their fluff and rules as they do on their models. I never really felt that vehicles such as the wartrakk, wartrukk or the warbuggy was very orkish. The only ork vehicle I consider truly 'orky' is the battle wagon, a moving pile of looted gunz and gubbinz, now THAT is orky! I dont think that the orks should be reduced to just that one vehicle, but instead of having just one 'premade' battle wagon entry in the army list, the orks should have a whole VDRish section in their codex that allowed them to make whatever kind of battle wagons they liked. Small battle wagons with relatively few guns would be used for transports, and larger battlewagons could be fitted with ´uge piles uf gunz, perhaps even looted guns, and take on a support role, or one could just make a huge battle wagon that could do both things. With endless customisation options, not two ork players in the world should field the same vehicle.. that seems orky to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

You can already take a unit of nobz as a retinue without using up a elite slot. I personally think having storm boys, skarboys and ard boys in 40k are phenomenal and amazing when used correctly . Don't judge orks by dawn of war you'll never understand the choices in the codex.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GrimZAG
    The space marines get veteran squads which is made up of their sergeants i think the orks should have one too.
    Orks DO have a 'veteran' elite squad, or so to speak, skarboyz!
    Gamesworkshop loves your money!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was more thinking having a few wargear options for some kind of squad like that, like having the skarboyz but with a few powerclaw/'uge choppa options or something like that.
    Strength is knowing your weakness

THIS IS SPARTA!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

yeah if space wolves can have 3 pf's in a blood claws squad I think skarboyz should have the option to take Pk's. Maybe something like one for every 6 boyz in the mob, for some extra crunch, though as they are skarboyz are pretty good.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Senior Member Badruk the Mighty's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A mob of Skarboys or Ardboys armed with Uge Choppas would be nice.

Where are the rules for mobs of Nobs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

90% of ork foot troops are basic boys, with a single difference, be it an equipment change, a stat change, or a special rule. The only 'elite' that orks really have are skarboys, because they are the only ones who have noteable experience. Flash gits are just rich ork boys, 'ard boys are ork boys with armour, storm boys are boys with jet packs, etc.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it would be cool if orks could equip themselves with 'uge choppas...

say on top of the 3 special weapons they can take, they can also take up to three 'uge choppas for ?? points per model.

Oh, and there are no rules for mobs of nobs.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast