Tyranids Vs Armoured Company - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranids Vs Armoured Company

An AC player in my local club wants a game against my bugs, now at first i was abit worried and there has been alot of talk on here recently about them, but when i think about it, i'm thinking nid's shouldnt be too bad against them. We have lots of rendering things, we're fast, we have some cool deep strikers and No Instant Death. So basically, i'm going to take all my warriors and ravenors (the player says he doesnt mind if i'm not 100% wysiwyg) but i was thinking with the HQ...

I usually take a Flying Tyrant and a Walking Tyrant with 2 Guard for a big 2000pt game like this, but i was thinking, would a Broodlord be a better option?

The winged Tyrant is pretty much a must, but do i take a walking one with guards to soak some of the shots up on my way foward and fireing the VC OR do i take the broodlord and a reunite to start behind him and hope the Hellhound doesnt come to say 'hey'?

Also, wat weapons would u recommend for my Carnifex's? I have 4, not sure if i have the points for 4... but what should i give them? I'm trying not to spent too many points on an Uber-Fex cos hes just going to get laser destoryed back into the genetic sludge of which he came. I think any fex is going to be able to flip an immoblised tank if he gets there so i'm more concerned about Firepower. Wat weapons do use against tanks? Most Tyranid Weapons are anti-personal... :-/

Cheers for any help

-w00kie

"They are coming! I feel them scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices. They're coming for us - flesh, body and soul!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

My friend has an armored company and I have a less than ideal set up for playing him but this is what I ussually do.

I keep my fex cheap and use it more as a damage soaker. Most armored company lists are heavy on russes so most fex guns aren't super effective since the dude lacks mobility to get around to the weaker armor. Zoanathorpes are semi-effective if you only have one just because of the odds that they will hit something but three of them can really do some damage.

I personally use a broodlord and a retinue of genestealers, (although I don't have a tyrant so I don't know how well they would work on an armored company.) It seems to me though that the broodlord is slightly less of a target than the tyrant. The tyrant also seems to me like something that may be killed quickly since you have to choose armor over gun if you have a cc winged one. If you infiltrate the broodlord is really effective and can kill lots of tanks.

Lictors, while under rated in many situations are ideal against armored companies, especially for taking out artillery or tanks hiding in terrain. They're ability to strike after appearing is great. Once one of my lictors took out two basilisks before getting shot down, it was great:yes: . They also help with deepstriking and other reserves which can help a whole lot if you're using any.

Personally I don't have that many raveners but they are some of the best units for this. Those and leaping warriors, both with rending are killer as a squad of three warriors can actually take out a russ dependably. I don't like winged warriors at all just because I like my save but they may be better suited against an armored company better than the leaping ones since almost every weapon on the tanks pierce 4+ armor anyway.

For troops I would just pick some place fillers unless you can field a lot of genestealers. For the stealers I suggest that you keep them cheap as a lot of them may die. If you don't have very many stealers some bone bare squads of gaunts are ideal as these guys aren't going to be doing much of anything no matter what you do to them.

The last thing is if you have an extra fast attack choice and some extra points you may want to consider some bioplasma or toxin spore clusters. They may not be the most obvious choice but they can help on occasion and can be a nice little surprise, especially with the lictor's pheremone trail. My friend was pretty mad when one blew up his HQ russ.:w00t:

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Warrior47; May 30th, 2006 at 05:59.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by w00kie
    An AC player in my local club wants a game against my bugs, now at first i was abit worried and there has been alot of talk on here recently about them, but when i think about it, i'm thinking nid's shouldnt be too bad against them. We have lots of rendering things, we're fast, we have some cool deep strikers and No Instant Death. So basically, i'm going to take all my warriors and ravenors (the player says he doesnt mind if i'm not 100% wysiwyg) but i was thinking with the HQ...

I usually take a Flying Tyrant and a Walking Tyrant with 2 Guard for a big 2000pt game like this, but i was thinking, would a Broodlord be a better option?

The winged Tyrant is pretty much a must, but do i take a walking one with guards to soak some of the shots up on my way foward and fireing the VC OR do i take the broodlord and a reunite to start behind him and hope the Hellhound doesnt come to say 'hey'?

Also, wat weapons would u recommend for my Carnifex's? I have 4, not sure if i have the points for 4... but what should i give them? I'm trying not to spent too many points on an Uber-Fex cos hes just going to get laser destoryed back into the genetic sludge of which he came. I think any fex is going to be able to flip an immoblised tank if he gets there so i'm more concerned about Firepower. Wat weapons do use against tanks? Most Tyranid Weapons are anti-personal... :-/

Cheers for any help

-w00kie
    You cannot outshoot an AC list plain and simple, the only really viable way to beat an AC company is with speed and rending, I have a 2000pt AC list and it is used by players in my club, I play against it quite regularly and I have lost twice, my nids list is very fast with masses of rending, I take 32 Stealers all with scuttle and Ext cara, a Broodlord with 8 stealer retinue, a winged tyrant, 6 winged Warriors (rending) and 30 Hormies, plus just to add that bit of spice two lictors.
    the key here is speed, I have scuttle and fleet on the stealers, with winged Tyrant and Warriors and an infiltrating broodlord, all these units get close fast and once they are in the AC lines they are safe because of the nature of the AC firepower (scatter on most of it) it is very dangerous for the AC player to use his big guns and rending walks through armour 36 attacks with rending just hurts.
    I have taken out an AC list in 3 turns with the stealers just walking from one tank to another with the Tyrant doing his bit and the Hormies taking down any troops (very limited numbers obviously), also the Lictors are great the AC player cant just sit his tanks at the back of the field safely in cover because the Lictor can appear and have a good chance at hurting it.
    I dont use carnies because the amount of firepower an AC list can throw at a slow fex just makes them useless.
    Cover is always helpful because of the saves, but quite simply my army is in CC by turn two and then its very hard for an AC player to productively counter this, they are not tailored to dealing with ultra fast CC lists especialy with 60 plus possible rending attacks a turn.
    Your last question says it all really 'most nid weapons are anti infantry' and most nid weapons do not perform against non open topped vehicles, I would go for a CC fex with all the toughness, extra wounds, and regen to make sure he gets to the lines where he can do damage, forget the shooting. Good luck

+ Reply to Thread