Buying tyranids off ebay? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buying tyranids off ebay?

i was wondering if it was really worth it. because i really dont see a benefit other than getting "maybe" cheaper models, but who knows wats wrong with them, pieces may be broken, they mite have already assembled the model in ways you do not like or want, and if they painted it already it might be a hassle to get to a GW to get the spray can to get rid of it. So i was wondering from other people's views of ebay, is it really worth buying pre-owned tyranid models.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ebay all the way, you can get the minis for a very cheap price 60% 70% off if you are lucky enough, yes maybe they are painted, maybe you have to glue a broken arm, but if you are good enough no one is going to notice that the arm was broken or if the mini was painted already. GW have to learn to low their prices and this is a good way.

PD:take care ebay hooks, just buy what you need not what is cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Personally I think it depends on the deal. Most of the things that I see on ebay are a waste of time. There aren't very many things I want in the USA that have a paint scheme close to mine or a decent paint scheme at all and to go in and repaint all the models I get and take off the old paint, most deals aren't worth the effort of bidding and doing the extra work. I also don't like buying out of country. A lot of the time its too much of a hassal. Most I would prefer just to go to my store. Occasionally there is a great deal but most often people snap those up pretty fast. I'm amazed when some guys bid way more than somethings worth cause they get caught up in the bidding.
    Last edited by Warrior47; May 30th, 2006 at 06:09.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: ebay

If they have what you're looking for at a good price go for it.

I bought 3 battleforces off ebay still in plastic, for a total of 210 with shipping and handling (from the UK). Even now buying them new would cost 270, but before it would have cost 360!!! A savings of between 60 to 150 Dollars. Not bad. It's also a great place to pick up the out of date minis like the original carni or occasionally TW. In the past I've been able to pick up 2nd Ed minis still in the shrink wrap at considerable savings.

I use ebay more than any other GW seller, local or internet. Just make sure that you factor in shipping, and you compare to what you could buy it for. That 2nd Ed Ork Codex for 5 bucks may look like a deal until you see the 10 dollars shipping and handling! Same with the 3rd Ed Ork Codex...but I digress.

Archival

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

Ebay is a great way to get cheap stuff but your right about getting painted/damaged stuff.
    Therefor always contact the seller and ask him about it.
    I use ebay more for large amounts of troops of FW models, nearly had a Hrridan for halve the FW price including the shipping costs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you want something that will get paint off... there is a cleaning solution that is called Simple Green....a common cleaner... you can dip figs in it and the paint comes off pretty well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want a good seller who sells almost everything at good prices, search "bruces_collectables" without the quotes, he has good prices on Tyranid stuff, and almost everything else. I haven't ordered anything from him personally, but my friend says that he's a really good seller. Heck, he's selling a Tyranid battleforce for $91.99.
    Last edited by Squishy3; May 30th, 2006 at 16:18.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like E-bay simply because of cost. I support my local gaming/GW shops by buying individual blisters and things but when I want to buy a new army or something in bulk used is the way to go.

Just do a simple comparison of retail vs used. As stated, you will save on average 75+%. And models aren't cheap!

Finally yes, damage is an issue, but that's what superglue was made for. Another reason: some people aren't crazy about the painting aspect of the hobby (or they just suck like me). This is a way to get PAINTED figures at a low cost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy3
    Heck, he's selling a Tyranid battleforce for $91.99.
    A perfect example of when NOT to buy. The BF is going to be reduced to $90 soon, and on top of that, that price probably doesn't include the cost of shipping. Now, if you bought one of the 10 BF or so being sold via Buy It now for $73 from the UK, with shipping (about 12 dollars) you'd be saving 5-6 dollars off the box price plus shipping/sale tax.

Archival

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Archival
    A perfect example of when NOT to buy. The BF is going to be reduced to $90 soon, and on top of that, that price probably doesn't include the cost of shipping. Now, if you bought one of the 10 BF or so being sold via Buy It now for $73 from the UK, with shipping (about 12 dollars) you'd be saving 5-6 dollars off the box price plus shipping/sale tax.

Archival
    Well, I don't think he knows about the price being lowered down yet. But he's also selling a Carnifex for $35.99

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast