Orks it is - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Orks it is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orks it is

So my girlfriend wants to take a crack at painting miniatures, so I took her to GW and she picked up a box of Ork Stickbomas. We also picked up a bunch of paints too and here's the plan. Prime black, dark Angels green leaving some of the black come through in the creavases in the muscles, then snot green to highlight the raised parts of the muscles. It is a simple procedure but she has never done this before and I think it's a quick way to paint them that looks good. We also got tin bits and will highlight that with boltgun metal and black ink. Schorched brown (i think) and vermin brown to highlight. Plsu some bleached bone for teeth. She hasn't picked a clan color yet but is leaning towards yellow.

I think building up the colours slowly is a bit advanced, so blending is out of the question. What do yous think? Orks seem great for learning how to paint because they are sloppy, messy and dirty, so the more you mess up the less it shows in my opinion.

I must say it's pretty cool for her to try this. I remember when I started painting it was because things looked cool, it took me 2 years of painting before I actually had interest in playing the game. I'm looking forward to painting a few myself, it beats painting white all the time :yes:

...and you will know my name is the lord, when I strike down my vengence upon thee...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Call me crazy, but I think Orks are actually quite a hard army to start painting with. Skin has always been a difficulty of mine, and there is a lot of it.

However, that sure sounds cool! If you get her interested in gaming, she might be able to claim the first female Ork player to ever grace Games Workshop.

I've seen Sisters of Battle armies, more Sisters armies, and a Tau army controlled by girls. Orks? Never seen that before. ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orks have a blessing and a curse...

the blessing being that minor mistakes don't look as bad.

The curse being that they don't have uniformity and each model is going to have several colors and more thinking required to pay a space marine, for example.

Oh... and chicks dig the green, they just don't say it out loud.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

+ Reply to Thread