Chaos Marines-Khrone - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Marines-Khrone

Okay, heres the thing. I recently started a necron army, and the person that I play has a reasonably large Chaos Khorne army, and he nows how to use it! I need a few tips to take this guy down.

Last edited by Ushoran; June 1st, 2006 at 07:12.
    Hmmm, me thinks everyone is a sandwich, full of cheese! If everyone wins and no one loses..............HOW DOES THAT WORK, seriously! I smell fluffly cheese!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

Im a Khorne player and nothing annoys me more than scarabs, however, if you tie up units with scarabs, then your not gonna be able to shoot anything, which is where your strength probably lies.

Me and my friend switched armies for one game and the tactic i used to beat him was quite simple. I split my army into 2 and put one in each corner of my deployment zone. I just had blocks of warriors and destroyers. I sent 2, 1 man units of heavy destroyers forward. 1 24" in from the left table edge and one 48" from the left table edge(6'x4' table). Anyway, they quickly disposed of a dreadnought and defiler, leaving the opponant with only berserkers. Next turn came and each beserker squad blood frenzied and moved in towards the heavy destroyers, but they were still out of combat range (i estimated that they were "20 away from the nearest unit and was right lol). Anyway, it was my next turn and i failed my monolith deepstrike roll. I pulled the heavy destroyers back slightly, not out of charge range though. The guys dropped two beserkers and i could get a few shots on the berserkers with regular destroyers. His turn then, all the beserkers blood frenzied and once again the heavies were closest and most of the squads got the charge. As expected, the beserkers slaughtered the heavies and moved to each corner of the table. Next turn, i got the monolith in and put it right in the middle of the beserkers and began to open fire with everything in the army. The casualties were insane. The following turn the beserkers who blood frenzied charged the monolith, the rest managed to get into CC with the necron warriors. Although they were soon falling to the mass of Necron warrior attacks. I think i won the following turn lol. So you could try something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that's pretty much the sum of it. Park a monolith in front of your dudes, and take out his anti-tank with destroyers. Thrash him with warriors.

Alternatively, use destroyers as the bait, so that you don;t have to have anything far forward which can't handle itself.
    *In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

If you've got Destroyers, Immortals, and Warriors, you can use the Warriors as the bait for the Beserkers. Put them in a position where they will be tempting charge targets. Then you can use the Destroyer and Immortal range to whittle down the Berzerkers. Even the Warriors if you leave them stationary (or even move them into doubletap range). MEQ saves are great, but against the sheer number of shots a Necron force can pump out, they may as well be wearing wicker.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -77 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tunisia
    I think that's pretty much the sum of it. Park a monolith in front of your dudes, and take out his anti-tank with destroyers. Thrash him with warriors.

Alternatively, use destroyers as the bait, so that you don;t have to have anything far forward which can't handle itself.
    Since he has a "huge army and knows how to use them".... I do not recommend dropping a monolith in front of him. He will blow that thing up so fast you wont know what hit it. Say for instance he really knows how to use his army: asschamp w/bolt pistol, powerfist, FC, Rage of Khorne, daemonic strength, and daemonic mutation --> that is 6-8 str 10 attacks per charge. If he has 6 squads, that turns out to be 36-48 str 10 attacks per turn = monolith bye-bye, especially if he has preds with all lascannons, that would make it worse....

No, you will have to use scarabs and destroyers to your advantage. The monolith is to big of a point sink to use against a EXPERIENCED khorne player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by erommelus
    asschamp w/bolt pistol, powerfist, FC, Rage of Khorne, daemonic strength, and daemonic mutation --> that is 6-8 str 10 attacks per charge. If he has 6 squads, that turns out to be 36-48 str 10 attacks per turn = monolith bye-bye
    36-48 attacks. Hits on 6+, so 6 to 8 hit. Glances on a 4, pens on a 5+, so with six hits you can expect right around one glance and two pens. Not exactly a good investment to use up 1400 points worth of Troops to take down a single Monolith.

That's assuming that all six squads make it into close combat with the Monolith, which is statistically impossible. More likely is that only one Champion will ever get to attack the Monolith, which is only one hit per round with all of those attacks, which still has only a 50% of even glancing the thing. The goal isn't to drop the Monolith right in front of his face, it's to drop it near them so they'll chase after it, but not so close that all of the squads can reach it.

And anyone dumping that many points into an Aspiring Champion is not an experienced Khorne player. Especially by taking Rage of Khorne. What a trash upgrade.

especially if he has preds with all lascannons, that would make it worse....
    All of which die on turn two to massed Gauss fire. Vehicles are a point sink against Necrons. Everyone knows that. Mutated Hull means nothing to them, and Daemonic Possession is nice but won't keep it alive.
    Last edited by Caluin; June 2nd, 2006 at 17:02.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-77 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    36-48 attacks. Hits on 6+, so 6 to 8 hit. Glances on a 4, pens on a 5+, so with six hits you can expect right around one glance and two pens. Not exactly a good investment to use up 1400 points worth of Troops to take down a single Monolith.
    As opposed to putting the points where? In a Daemon Prince, chosen terminators, chosen terminator aspiring champions, bikers? Dont make me laugh...Please provide us your better ideas.:rolleyes:

That's assuming that all six squads make it into close combat with the Monolith, which is statistically impossible.
    Actually its not. Perhaps you've heard of TBB for assisting with extra movement rolls, perhaps not, I'm going to say no because you apparently have no idea of how rage movement works.

The monolith gets 6" and that's it. Bezerkers get a max of 18" (thats movement+extra movement+charge). So lets say someone puts his monolith at the deployment zone with 24" separation and moves forward 6". All six squads rage because of TBB so now they roll for extra movement--this means all they need is a 2+ to base the monolith = monolith dead. Even if he keeps it ahead of his deployed troops and does not move it at all to draw bezerker attention, the monolith will still die by turn 2.

More likely is that only one Champion will ever get to attack the Monolith, which is only one hit per round with all of those attacks, which still has only a 50% of even glancing the thing. The goal isn't to drop the Monolith right in front of his face, it's to drop it near them so they'll chase after it, but not so close that all of the squads can reach it.
    Once again this is showing your ignorance of TBB carried in khorne squads. I would love to play you as a necron player because you underestimate movement potential. Even if we chase it, we will catch it and kill it. You will not kill all 48 bezerkers (if taken) by the time it dies, in fact you wont even be close.

And anyone dumping that many points into an Aspiring Champion is not an experienced Khorne player. Especially by taking Rage of Khorne. What a trash upgrade.
    Really? And taking a 200+ DP , chosen aspiring champions squads, and terminators is. LMAO... Take your plight to some gullible newb please, you're embarassing yourself.

All of which die on turn two to massed Gauss fire. Vehicles are a point sink against Necrons. Everyone knows that. Mutated Hull means nothing to them, and Daemonic Possession is nice but won't keep it alive.
    By all means shoot at my preds, I would love that using my army list. While you are shooting at them, I have a DP, BT, defiler, and bezerkers fresh off of blowing up your precious monolith ready to phase you.
    Last edited by erommelus; June 2nd, 2006 at 21:46.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

As opposed to putting the points where? In a Daemon Prince, chosen terminators, chosen terminator aspiring champions, bikers? Dont make me laugh...Please provide us your better ideas.
    Bikers, yes. They're wonderful in World Eaters armies. The others not so hot. But less about what's good in a Chaos army and more about what the Necron player should have.

My point was that you're running six full squads of Berzerkers after a single tank. Meanwhile he still has 1200 points worth of models killing you off while you chase down his Monolith.

Having the units is great. Throwing them all at a single tank is not. Simple tactics.

Actually its not. Perhaps you've heard of TBB for assisting with extra movement rolls, perhaps not, I'm going to say no because you apparently have no idea of how rage movement works.
    Watch your tongue. I will not warn you again. Keep the conversation civil.

And I'm quite aware of how the ToBB works, thank you. But perhaps later on in this post we'll see how well you understand how it works.

The monolith gets 6" and that's it. Bezerkers get a max of 18" (thats movement+extra movement+charge). So lets say someone puts his monolith at the deployment zone with 24" separation and moves forward 6". All six squads rage because of TBB so now they roll for extra movement
    Wait wait wait.... why are you assuming all six squads rage again? You do realize the ToBB only gives a 55% chance to rage per turn, right? So how is it fair to simply assume all six squads will rage?

--this means all they need is a 2+ to base the monolith = monolith dead. Even if he keeps it ahead of his deployed troops and does not move it at all to draw bezerker attention, the monolith will still die by turn 2.
    It has nothing to do with the Berzerkers getting into range. Take a Monolith and see how many of your models you can fit around it. Do you honestly think you'll fit 6*8 = 48 models around the base of a Monolith? Especially considering that only one face of the Monolith will be towards your lines?

No, it's silly to think that. Remember that all your models must try to reach B2B contact, so you can't claim that the berzerkers will simply hang back while the Champion will do all the work. In fact, it's extremely likely that a single squad will smash themselves into the Monolith, leaving all other squads no space to get into striking distance.

Once again this is showing your ignorance of TBB carried in khorne squads. I would love to play you as a necron player because you underestimate movement potential. Even if we chase it, we will catch it and kill it. You will not kill all 48 bezerkers (if taken) by the time it dies, in fact you wont even be close.
    I'm not a Necron player. Try again.

And taking a 200+ DP , chosen aspiring champions squads, and terminators is. LMAO... Take your plight to some gullible newb please, you're embarassing yourself.
    Your words, not mine. Don't put words into my mouth. Please keep your tone to a civil manner. You insult me again, and you get the boot.

By all means shoot at my preds, I would love that using my army list. While you are shooting at them, I have a DP, BT, defiler, and bezerkers fresh off of blowing up your precious monolith ready to phase you.
    This isn't about you.

But you did have a point - I didn't give any suggestions to what he should do. So here goes.

I wouldn't take Scarabs, preferring Destroyers in their place. Nothing irritates a World Eaters player more than having something kite them around the field that they can't catch. Scarabs I don't care for since almost every Aspiring Champion has a Powerfist, which will instant kill the bases. Since most Khorne Champions level around seven attacks a round, you can expect to lose four bases per round. Destroyers on the other hand can happily stay out of range and pick them off.

Really, Necrons are some of the hardest opponents for World Eaters to face. They don't stay in Close Combat, they can shrug off around 75% of kill they've taken, and make a mockery of their Heavy Support. If you're worried about World Eaters, you really shouldn't be.
    Last edited by Caluin; June 2nd, 2006 at 21:59.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x5)

I'm not trying to but in, and I don't play Necrons all that often. But doesn't "Living Metal" mean the Monolith ignores any increases to the S of weapons to penetrate it? basicaly the Lith always takes the hit at its basic S.

In which case the Asp Champs would be completely unable to hurt it.

But I could be wrong.

SW.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, living metal ingnores augmenting strength, so no double st, no 2d6 armour penatration ect. ect.
    A word of warning. The next time you get a strange unexplained reading on your Flagship's scanner and sensor arrays, don't dismiss it as a glitch or ghost. The Necrons are a real threat now, and they are out there, biding their time, waiting for you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast