ACK! so many questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ACK! so many questions

Ok so ive taken the time to fully read the new codex and i have some question.
    1. if a unit is targeted with a markerlight, and you decide to put that counter to use by increasing the BS of snipers by one, does the increase affect all nine drone and three spotters? (max size) or just three drones and one spotter?
    2. what are the benefits of landing gear? i know that it allows the skimmer to count as a tank when it doesnt move, but what game referred benefit does this have?? if you move 6" you can only be hit with glancing hits anyway!
    3.Is it still ok to use Aun'shi? or is he dead now?
    4. Do kroot still have eaters of the dead? (old Dex)
    5. Ok here is the situation. My pathfinders devilfish is attacks by three killa kans, the thing is dead. can i detatch the drone and pile them in so my pathfinders can get away?
    6. If i have three sniper teams (three groups of three drones and one spotter) do all three of the teams have to maintain coherency with other teams or just within their own team?
    7. Does the 4+ cover save from Aun'Va's Paradox of duality only count when they are in cover?
    8. Does anyone else think Stingwings suck?
    9. How about Farsight. anyone think there is anything special about him? (Note having been in CC with orks many times Tau Suck more than against any other army)
    10 do the rerolls for ethereals apply to target prioroity?

11. what are your opinions on the SINGLE best thing in the new dex? (Me i cant get enough of them sniper drones)

Thanks Bobo

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bobotheguy
    Ok so ive taken the time to fully read the new codex and i have some question.
    1. if a unit is targeted with a markerlight, and you decide to put that counter to use by increasing the BS of snipers by one, does the increase affect all nine drone and three spotters? (max size) or just three drones and one spotter?
    2. what are the benefits of landing gear? i know that it allows the skimmer to count as a tank when it doesnt move, but what game referred benefit does this have?? if you move 6" you can only be hit with glancing hits anyway!
    3.Is it still ok to use Aun'shi? or is he dead now?
    4. Do kroot still have eaters of the dead? (old Dex)
    5. Ok here is the situation. My pathfinders devilfish is attacks by three killa kans, the thing is dead. can i detatch the drone and pile them in so my pathfinders can get away?
    6. If i have three sniper teams (three groups of three drones and one spotter) do all three of the teams have to maintain coherency with other teams or just within their own team?
    7. Does the 4+ cover save from Aun'Va's Paradox of duality only count when they are in cover?
    8. Does anyone else think Stingwings suck?
    9. How about Farsight. anyone think there is anything special about him? (Note having been in CC with orks many times Tau Suck more than against any other army)
    10 do the rerolls for ethereals apply to target prioroity?

11. what are your opinions on the SINGLE best thing in the new dex? (Me i cant get enough of them sniper drones)

Thanks Bobo

I'll answer what I know

1. I believe it only affects 1 group of 3 drones, as all are purchased as seprate units under one heavy supports choice.
    2. Landing gear (if you read the vehicle upgrades), you can activate at any part of the turn as long as you didn't move (meaning you can shoot and then land). And if your tank is then imobilized, it longer crashes and burns like a normal skimmer.
    3. No clue...
    4. No kroot nolonger are under affect of "eaters of the dead"
    5. if you read the "gun drone" vehicle upgrade, they drones disengage from the vehicle if it is damaged and form their own seperate unit.
    6. Too my knowledge, just their own unit of 4 models, but I am unsure of this.
    7. no, you get the 4+ anywhere. Why are you using this model though!?
    8. Sting wings in my opinion are very useful for flanking, and especially intercepting spacemarine/other jetpack units and slaughtering them (higher initiativeand weapons specifically made for killing marines, and lower point values). Just keep them behind cover and you're fine. just don't expect them to kill off more than 1 unit. They are very effective at capturing territories.
    9. O'Shoavah has been worked down. no longer gives +1 I & WS to all his tau units, just a 3+ to hit against orks (only good for crisis with 5 strength). They only really exciting thing about him is he can get up to 7 crisis suits in his bodyguard (and still, only good for high point games).
    10. I don't believe so. Moral and leadership tests are different (moral is part of leadership)
    11. Crisis suits are actually cheaper in point values (even if you use plasma rifles), stealth suits can take target arrays which increase burst cannon damage tremendously, and you can get a decent out ion head for less than 120 pts. That and markerlights actually work now.
    Donuts anyone?

+ Reply to Thread