Ya Ideas - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ya Ideas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya Ideas

Well I have friends that use Tau, Imperial, and Necrons. What would be a some good guild lines to look at while building my new army. And I am new to this so i'm just looking for some advise. I have my own ideas but it's nice to have outside advice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Zed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

The First thing you have to do is pick a race. This can depend on whether you like one more because of:
    the fluff behind it
    its style of gameplay
    its look in modelling and painting

It really depends on what you care about the most. I'd go to a nearby GW and check out the codices to see which one takes your fancy.

Another thing to consider once you've chosen an army is what you trying to achieve. Will it be an assault army that rushes acroos the board to fight the enemy, or a shooty one that stays back a fires into the approaching enemy? Will it be full of troops or just a few elite units? etc. Decide what you want your army to be like and then start building it. Start with two troop choices and an HQ. The minimum legal amount of units for an average game.
    "DICE FOR THE DICE GOD!"

And the almighty Dice God said to his followers "Thou shalt not speak ye words "anything but a one" For thou whoever'st speaketh this blasphemy will be cursed with thy rolls being of one".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When playing Tyranids, remember that while most armies can easily outshoot you, most will be hardpressed to beat you in close combat. The nids can go from a few monstrous creatures (upto 6 carnies ), to a swarm of gaunts and other creatures.

Archival

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we also have the best cc unit in the game, (people will argue with me but just ask my khonre friend and he will agree with me) Genestealers. But the best thing about nids is watching the look on your opponents face when he shoots with all he's got and then realizes that he cannot stop the chitinous tide in time. Then BOOM! 2-5 gaunts per marine and mostorous creatures flipping overtanks, and auto-killing his favorite, heroic, HQ piece:w00t:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rending, Initiative 6, WS 6, fleet of claw, yeah, those stealers are kick ass. If you're opponent knows his stuff they'll be as dead as he can make them as soon as he can. Hormogaunts are nothing to sneeze at either, 6 inch move, d6 fleet, 12 inch charge, they just don't start on the board with escalation. Regular gaunts are debatable with their usefulness, but a hoarde (5- of monstrous creatures can be just as effective. gaunts are vulnerable to heavy bolters and template weaps, monsters suck it up against lascannons and plasma guns.

+ Reply to Thread