Flyrants - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flyrants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flyrants

I was interested in some variants of the Flyrant, this is what I know:

1. Devil-Tyrant
    -2xTL-devs
    -TS
    -ES
    -Warp Field
    -Wings

2. Scytherant

-2x Scything Talons
    -Ag I
    -Warp Field
    -Wings
    -ES

What variants still are there?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

The 2 you describe are the 2 most used ones.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Holo I agree with Dreachon that those two varieties of Winged Hive tyrants are the most common. This is because they are typically the best.
    As far as biomorphs are concerned these two can vary immensely. If acid maw, implant attack, toxic miasma, flesh hooks and symbiote rippers were given to either it would change it considerably.
    I personally cover my Hive tyrants, winged or not, in biomorphs this is because I like extensive conversion and paint work.
    Of course whether or not you like those biomorphs or think they are any good is another matter.
    The enemy's perspective is also important. Deathguard traitor marines with their high toughness a possible Daemon prince and/or a Great unclean one will not be happy with the implant attack and acid maw. But guardsmen really won't care.
    I'm sure there are people out there with weird ones.
    Tyranids who fight Dark eldar alot may have Winged Tyrants with the lashwhip and bone sword to counter the Dark eldar's high initiative and thier ability to negate bonuses for scything talons.
    Of course this is just a guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My winged tyrant has schything talons a bone sword and lashwhip w/ warp blast and warpfield. This may be expensive but it's worth it.:yes:
    The name's Bond. James Bond.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin
    My winged tyrant has schything talons a bone sword and lashwhip w/ warp blast and warpfield. This may be expensive but it's worth it.:yes:
    Your tyrant is illegal you may only take 1 psychic power along with Synapse Creature and the Horror so either Warpblast or Warp Field. Most ppl take Warpfield as you can pay 55 points for a Zoanthrope with warpblast and warpfield a much cheaper option.

Carni
    If you like the post click the *STAR* <===

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Bah Carnifexus you probally just pushed the button right before I did ah well said the same thing anyways.
    Last edited by Lictor1989; June 5th, 2006 at 07:47.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Junior Member Tyranid Cerebrate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing that the recent restrictions placed on the Hive-Tyrant's number of psy powers, warp-blast-enhanced senses and wings-extended carapace were a check on the very potent flying tyrant with 2x scything talons, a 2+ save and a BS 4 warp blast. My main hive tyrant was that configuration since it basically made him as good as possible in hand-to hand with the most versatile tyranid ranged weapon aswell.

Since the 4thed Codex I've been rolling the 'Devil-Tyrant' pretty often...absolutely devastates infantry. When you pick up all those dice and tell your opponent you get to reroll all hit and wound rolls you know you are traumatizing him against Tyranids forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a variant i use for my flying tyrant is this

Bio-plasma
    ES
    Toxin sacs
    VC
    Bone sword andf Lash whip
    Warp field

i use him as a flanking unit in round 1-2,3 and hunt down tanks and hidden ordanance weapons also try to insta kill t4 or less HQ units. then engage units that are tied up in CC

i know nids have zoats to hunt tanks but with range 18" on the warp blast they cant fire at enemy armor untill round 2-3 so i use my tyrant to make up the diffrence in thoes rounds till the zoats are in range then engage in CC in rounds 3+.
    besides i find that the tryants 3 s8 shots even tho they can only glance <that hit 66% of the time> are better than the 1 s10 shot <that only hits 50% of the time>

comments on my variant are welcome. just keep in mind what role i said i use the flyrant for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like to mix CC biomorphs and shooting biomorphs on fexes and tyrants.

/off topic ARE YOU USING ZOATS?! they are legal ? lol !

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

I think what he means is Zoanthrope and just made it smaller by calling them zoats. Probally should use zoan instead so not to confuse the few people that know of the beings called zoats...
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast