Looted Vehicles - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looted Vehicles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oi, title says it all. Wot'z yer fave tank to loot, and why?

I'd say mine's the Leman Russ: standard classic IG tank and seems to go even betta with Orky "upgrades"...

Hellhound's a close second, for much the same reason.

-Gorblitz

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine is the Basalisk, no balistic skill needed and looks cool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Leman Russ is cool but of course is expensive and suffers from the poor ork ballistic skills and erratic driving. Overall I prefer the basilisk or griffon since you don't have to move them and with indirect fire you're on even-ground with everyone else. The griffon, to me, is a better value against soft targets but the basilisk is really nice against space marines and tanks. However, the basilisk's minimum range for indirect fire makes it harder to use with people who use rhino rush.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Griffon comment reminded me: from what I've heard, neither the Exterminator or the Griffon are in the new IG 'dex. If this is true, can Orks still take them? I know they're listed in the Ork codex as 'lootable', but if the new codex supersedes the old one and the new one doesn't have them, does that technically mean you can no longer take them (since the rules for them are in a null and void 'dex and thus are null and void themselves)?

-Gorblitz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

COWClara sed,
    Mine is the Basalisk, no balistic skill needed and looks cool!
    Oi, a good choice! But Orks should take pride in our ded akkyurit shooty! We may not hit da longside of a barn but we'll sure blow up sumfin' next to it!!

Waaagh dakka dakka!!!

-Gorblitz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My &#036;.02: A lot of this "new codex supercedes old one" stuff is kind of ridiculous because in many cases it strikes me as a ploy of forcing players into buying multiple codices, even for armies they don&#39;t collect. <:>

However, that said, I doubt the griffon was excluded (except possibly as a typo): It&#39;s not exactly overpowering and it&#39;s about the only mobil indirect fire unit available to the IG, aside from upgrading a Basilisk. Maybe GW decided that the Griffon doesn&#39;t sell enough models and so are dumping the line though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They delibretly left it out of the guard codex, but orks and SW can still take the griffon and LR exterminator, (or whatever that tanks called)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no IG can still take exterminaters and griffons, just it just doesnt have it on the army list (quote from mr pete haines himself)
    so i would think they can still loot
    by the way, would a ork be able to loot a baneblade?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard that one of the motives was shelf-space, consolidating the IG "footprint" in stores by reducing the number of blisters and boxes. In addition to some of the metal regiments being moved to MO-only or Archives, they decided to remove two tank kits as well.

I also heard the Exterminator was removed to help emphasize its uniqueness as a special Space Woofs tank.

Griffons are sweet as they&#39;re easy to model as lobba-armed guntrukks, and Exterminators with all that dakka make great looted tanks.

As for the FW stuff...I don&#39;t think it&#39;s technically legal to do so, but I&#39;m sure with your opponent&#39;s permission it&#39;s fine. I&#39;ve heard at some GTs (I think in Canada), where it&#39;s more about fun armies than competitive that GW&#39;s been pretty accepting about allowing it; not sure, but I&#39;ve heard of an Ork army featuring a looted Marauder (the Imp bomber) appearing at one of the (Canadian, I think) GTs...

-Gorblitz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nar, up ere in canada the gts dont allow forge world... or, at least in vancouver

and remember, "Da red uns go fasta&#33;"

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast