solitaire & death jesters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

solitaire & death jesters

any people have any advice on their use i'd appreciate it muchly. thanks

thinking of putting them in a list supporting my ulthwe craftworld list, thinking of getting 6 death jesters. 4 with s cannons and 2 with bright lances also given phase field for extra movement. the solitaire has as much as he can carry, but the weapons are a toss up between the harlequins kiss and the riveblade

current units
    seer council
    2 x farseers + 5 warlocks
    2 x 15 guadrians
    1 x viper
    1 x falcon
    4 x reapers + exarch
    1 x wraithlord

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, Riveblade vs. kiss, the age-old debate. Would you rather ignore saves and get 1-2 wounds a turn when your solitaire charges (he's only s3!!!) or would you rather suffer the saves and get a shed-load of wounds against /anything/, irrespective of toughness? Look at it this way - with a kiss, the Harlequin can kill creatures of any toughness, and get lots of wounds in - chances are that 1/6 of the opponents saves will be a 1, don't forget. Carnifex, Hive Tyrant and Wraithlord beware!
    I would take 11 hits, all wounding on 2+ over 11 hits wounding on a 5+ any day of the week.
    The only place where riveblades will surpass the kiss would be against high save, low-toughness troops - but how many of those are there?

2 squads of 3 death jesters is interesting - but by putting 1 lance in each squad you seem to be splitting their use. Remember that the shrieker cannon is only s5 vs. vehicles, and you should be dedicating them to either anti-vehicle or anti-infantry IMO.

I really wouldn't take death jesters on top of reapers, either. Drop your reaper squad and pick up a few more Vypers, or a war-walker or two?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

I still take the solitaire with powerblades and H kiss even though you can't combine them, because it makes him very, very versatile, he can switch between them and he will. Remember, if you take riveblades you can't take powerblades and hence have one less attack.

Alexb83, the deathjesters are independant characters, sure, they are chosen as a group of 1-3 but they don't form a squad and so he isn't splitting their uses. They can fire seperately. My 9 deathjesters are having 3 lances, 3 shrikers, and 3 firepikes (Citadel Journal 44) but the shriker ones are interexchangable with my solitaire if I want to use him instead, I designed him so that he is exactly the same points as my 3 shrieker jesters with phase fields, 186.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh, my bad - I assumed if you took 3 they had to remain in a squad. Forget what I said!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love the kiss. i saw it take out a daemon prince in one turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

I've seen it take out a C'tan in one turn, I think in general when making harlequin lists, take more kisses than power weapons on your troupers as they kill pretty much the same ammount of marines statistically (power weapon kills an insignificant ammount more) and the kiss handles hordes much, much better and can take out characters if need be. Top gear for troupers is probably powerblades as it adds the power weapon but it also grants an extra attack for hordes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also i love bio explosive ammo against horde armys. lets just say its a molesting they will never forget.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two DJ's can be fun for your Black Guardian squads - two BS4 brightlance shoots, a power weapon, and a ton of BS4 shurikats. You can model them quickly with the Shining spear brightlance arm and some sharp stuff for the blades on a standerd guardian. I'd call'em 'Black Guardian Sergeants'. Also good if you want to add a heavy weapon to nine man Wave Serpant Guardian squad, or a Vanilla Dire Avenger squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the suggestion on equiping him with both, i'll do that.

but his use to me is taking out the squads he assaults, kinda like a shock trooper of death, he's hit on a 6 and forces opponents to take ld tests on -1 and 3d6. i found he works bes in association with guardians to mop up wounds, but when he made 4 guardsman squads stand there afraid to move from the dread mask he, proved some staying power if only because of luck.

but the vipers are high on my list of getting things, war walkers are there, but i think that a squad of warp-spiders are primary, they're too good to pass up IMO.

ahh.... i think that i'll use him on crowd controll, since his cc strength coupled with a bio explosive s pistol are more of an anti-squad thing
    Ok fellows we have a difficult task, so we have to be more deadly than everyday.
    Make mistakes and confuse the enemy - The Doctor
    Tactics are nice but it is violence that wins the day.

+ Reply to Thread