How do you beat tyrinids with orks?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you beat tyrinids with orks??

Its in the title, i was thinking of loading um heaps of slugga boyz with lots of burnas and throw in a looted basilisk, and some warbikes... hmm what do you think

Strength is knowing your weakness

THIS IS SPARTA!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x2)

I think some Zzap guns with their AP2 would be very useful vs the monstrous creatures. That and large enough squads that a hidden nob powerfist would get some good swings in. I'm not so sure that bikes are the best way to go as they're expensive. You want to have a lot of models, as you're going up against a lot of models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Three words: Kult of Speed, Myself, I play footsloggers, but I've heard there's nothing more irritating for a tyranid player than to try and chase down Trukks down while being blown to pieces by constant fire.

Barring that, I would say swarms of footsloggers and some looted pie-plates should do the trick nicely.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I faced Tyranids twice a while back (first time w/ my orks) and the first game i got beaten (just a little) and the other i won. Killa kans can be a nuscence to tyranids, tree w/ rokkits or big shootas (or burnas i guess). Rokkits blow up big stuff, big shootas generally blow up everything, and burnas just, well...burn. Plus it is sweet killing an In.1 carnifex before he can strike with a couple of kans. I used a looted basilisk to good effect. Good for large swarms, but not as good for godzilla type lists. Throw your warboss in a slugga boyz squad. I actualy used shoota boyz (gasp!), and it works pretty good, i whiped out a couple hormogaunt squads, and killed a zoanthrope that strayed too close (don't expect this to work very often, they really can't hit worth crap.

Good luck, and WAAAGH! SQUISH DEM BUGZ!
    W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I would do is make sure you have the 2nd turn. So that you can get the charge. And take a bike squad or 2. Those twin-linked big shootas shooting in the shooting phase and the assault phase can really tear up big squads. I still disagree about what other people think about Warbikes. BECASUE THEY ARE SOOOOO WROUNG! Warbikes own, just make sure you use them right.

All religion, my friend is simply evolved out of fraud, greed, imagination and poetry.
    - Edgar Allen Poe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warbikes are absolutely EVIL against Genestealers. As for the Tyrant, I'd suggest you send Sluggaz to take care of him, since that's what killed my Tyrant last time I played against Orks. For the Carnifex, Zzap guns are your friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

Do stay away from any fex that's toting a barbed strangler, it'll eat through your mobz easily, also devilfex's and winged deviltyrant's can cause a lot of trouble in your lines, also make sure all your mobz have a nob with a powerklaw in it or they'll be defenceless against a heavy cc fex ( the ones with thoughness increase ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rokkits = useless against nids

Most decent nid players will make their big bugs 2+ armour save, and things that can't and you would want to nail with rokkits (like a warrior), you can't instant kill them because they are synapse.

Hidden Powerclaws are awesome.

Do NOT enter into combat with genestealers. EVER! Shooting them or burning them is much more preferable. If you make the mistake of charging into genestealers than you deserve the crushing agony as the orks get turned into tossed spinach.

Burnas are awesome.

Charge multiple squads of boys (or trukk boys) into a single monstrous creature to ensure it dies that turn. Getting bogged down with a godzilla is not fun.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Hive tyrants and fexes can only kill 2-4 boyz a turn at most. Therefore, mob them up with some hidden powerclaws.

Do you have a wartrak scorcha? Because it's mobile and burny.

Con Orks loot an immolator? That would be just devastating. So would a baal predator but I don't think that's possible...

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Hopefully in the next edition of the Orks they'll be able to loot Immolators or Baals, which would be cool. As it stands it's only basic tanks from the Imperial Guard/Spcae Marine codex.

As it stands, your best bet is two things - a few Skorcha Buggies. a trio of these as your fast attack will kill almost all the small critters themselves.

And a looted hellhound. Hellhounds are great against hordes, and even with an Ork inside it will always hit something. Plus it's very cheap.

Other than that, just go with loads of Slugga Boyz and hidden Claws. Burnas in the squads - the power weapons are wounding on 6's, but if you have 9 Burnas scatted around, you're gonna get a 6 eventually.

Personally, I wouldn't advise Warbikes. They're expensive, and don't even have Choppas. Sure, with their Psycho Blastas, they can shoot twice in a turn, but against anything with a 4+ save or better, its not really worth it, and everyone I know gives Genestealers extended carapace. Whereas Skorcha Buggies ignore 4+ saves...on Warriors and Genestealers.

AND they're MUCH cheaper. Leaving you with the points to gain more Boyz.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast