Librarium Online Forums banner

hmmm imagine this...

739 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Tenozuma 
#1 ·
what if an army had 6 haemonculi all on skyboards with destructors, poioned blades and haywire grenades. they would do suicide sharges on vihicles or all gang together to kick the crap out of single squads. you would kill like 1 squad per turn with these lil' buggers.

imagine anyway... bad idea?

#2 ·
just make sure the one up front has a shadow field or have something else get close to draw fire away from all those IC's. Would certainly be fun to play with

#3 ·
Thats close to 400pts so it ought to kick butt but I like the touch of sadism shown by this line of thinking!
Original and evil, so Dark Eldar. (Just a thought, have you ever considered the dollar cost in this little project? - because this is what would stop me from doing it. )

#4 ·
Well I think it would kill much morethen 1 squad a turn but I can see them just anihilting swarms of nids every turn, expensive byut well worth it in my opinion. As for cost, 6 hamonculuses with destructors and 6 hellions isnt as expensive as you think. I got 5 hamies for $15.79 so u can make ur calculations...

#5 ·
Yes, it would be a powerful anything killer squad and about 350 points, about 400 if they were bikes instead of skyboards. I thought about doing this before and had it in my list but not anymore, my haemonculi are on foot and webwayportal carrying. If I was a haemonculi coven I so would use that though, the first 3 haemonculi in the grotesque squads, keeping them going and the other 3 doing that. Sounds good.

#6 ·
I think it's a one trick pony. The unit can be both devestatingly effective or laughably impotent, given the random nature of the destructor's AP. Even in CC they get 3 attacks on the charge so that's 9 chances to wound on 2+, that's 6 saves and against MEQ and they'll make 3 of them. So then the other squad retaliates against your T4/Sv5+..... not good. Bikes would help, making them T5.

The other scenario is that you shoot and assault the other squad into oblivion and then you're left in the open, vulnerable to AP5 fire.

This unit is pretty cool on paper, just thinking about what it might do. But I think in practice you'll hardly ever get your points back. You're better off with those same 3 Haemies on a Raider with a shooty warrior squad.

#7 ·
They get 4 attacks each on the charge, 2 base + 1 for scissorhand +1 for charge. Also, its pretty unkillable considering they can't get shot at when withing 6" of a friendly squad and that they are all seperate targets. So the t5 really isn't nessecary except in combat.... and I suppose the turboboosting from the bike wouldn't be so bad.

#8 ·
but you're spending a large amount of points on a unit that isn't really guaranteed to peform against armour, and is vulnerable to heavy weapon fire...

The friendly squad they're next to might not be there for very long, against armies like Tau, and I don't see them standing up to a carnifex, even with poison blades, as people usually take the 2+ armour...

They'd be fun, but I wouldn't put them into a tournament...

#9 ·
Well, they perform great against armour, half the haemonculi will pierce marine armour, the other half arn't that bad either. The squad they are next to could be a reaver squad, or a pair of reaver squads.

Ok, they could not take a carnifex, but I have no idea why that example came up. Not everything has to be able to take on everything as in, I wouldn't expect my wyches to take on a squad of immortals in a firefight. Sure, it isn't a tournement winning squad but I wouldn't count it out and it would be really fun to do. While doing it you would probably be labeled cheese even though it clearly isn't but thats the way things go I guess. One minute your army is called crap, the next its cheesy, if only they would make up their minds....

#10 ·
True that.

I can see the potential the squad has, but I'd prefer a rock hard Incubi squad, to a unit of characters that may or may not completely destroy something...

A one trick pony, methinks...

Could you imagine the field day a farseer with mindwar could have???

Somehow I think though, That the Haemeys would be at their best leading separate squads...

#12 ·
Hmm... I don't think I ever mentioned them being the closest model though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.