Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
1. Do they need to be in synapse?
2. Whats a good ranged shooty fex?
3. Whats a good cheap elite cc fex?
2: Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace, Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler
3: 2 x Scything talons, Adrenal Glands WS, Toxic Miasma, Flesh hooks
Hope this helps.
Last edited by Archival; June 9th, 2006 at 11:20.
1) Carnifexes require synapse, yes; but because they are LD 10 they are less susceptable to failing an instinctive behavior test then a LD 5 gaunt; so while it's not strictly necessary to keep them within Synapse range... sometimes it does prove helpful.Originally Posted by TheCage
2) Enhanced Senses, Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler, Reinforced Chitin, Extended Carapace
3) 2x Scything Talons, Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands (I), Flesh Hooks (114 points, so it's Elite in a 2,000 point game).
With a little more points, this 'Fex becomes:
3) 2x Scything Talons, Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands (I), Adrenal Glands (WS), Flesh Hooks, Extended Carapace
3, standard screamer killer 2 scything talons and bio plasma
"take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly
"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy
"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity
that fex build isnt an elite build, it comes to way over 115ptsOriginally Posted by PoptartsNinja
personally i wouldnt want bioplasma on a fex, mainly beause it wastes his attacks
you charge, putting yourself into B2B contact with 1 model
bioplasma, hits, wounds, kills
now f they take away the only model that is in base to base contact, you dont get the rest of your attacks
in a general sense, bioplasma is a defensive biomoph, because its most effective when your opponent decides to charge you, making the "1 in base to base" problem irelevant
the elite cc fex im currently running is:
2xScything talons, both AG biomorphs and flesh hooks
comes to 112pts
Awww...you guys didn't name the Dakkafex?
3)2x Twin-linked Devourers, Enhanced Senses,(and if you want)Flesh Hooks-114 Points, good for a 1,500 game.
"How ironic it is that as fast as we spread progress and hope throughout the galaxy, the Tyranids spread death and despair."
- Aun'shi of the Tau
True but he didn't ask for it :shifty: . He asked for a good ranged one and a cheap CC fex not a medium range :ninja: .Originally Posted by Tdogloftin
Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.
Tyranid Hivemind Member