anit-armor woes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: anit-armor woes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anit-armor woes

Hiya folks-

I played a 1500 pt game against my buddy's crimson fist list yesterday, and I was winning nicely until the last few turns. He placed 2 razorbacks with tl-lascannons and their 12 attached marines in the far back corner of the table and they eventually wasted all of my synapse creatures.
    I had a VC/BS carnifex that he killed by turn 2. All of my genestealers would have to suicide run across open space to get there. My zoanthrope couldnt get into range to shoot them.
    I had no solution to those razorbacks and their squads.
    Can anyone make some suggestions on how they take out enemy armor? I could always field more shooty carnifexes, but they are a pretty big points-sink with a poor balistic skill anyways. I was also thinking about maybe adding a lictor-at least he could deepstrike into nearby cover and assault them without crossing open land like my stealers would have to.
    Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably suggest a Lictor or a Broodlord with Gene Stealers, just Deep Strike/Infiltrate his backline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think for the points a lictor would help out nicely if you're not going for another fex. It's always a nice thorn in the side of opponents, making them warry of terrain pieces. They'd be good at holding up not only the squad (which IMO is more crucial to get your stealers there alive (a twin-linked lasconnon kills less stealers then bolter marines)), but trying to finish the razor-back after (rear armour is nice and soft). Other than that, all I can think of is flying tyrant, who would be finished with the rest of his army by then to have a last few turns to try and take it out. Out of curiosity, is the gun-fex your only your only TMC? If so, it might help having another, like a flying tyant, to distract, making them survive twice as long. A flying tyrant would draw most of the heavy wepaons fire, which will give your fex time to shoot the razorbacks, and hopefully the tyrant does survive to get into combat and maul. Also rember if this is your first game where this happened it might just be a bit of bad luck loosing your fex in turn two. ANyway, hope this has helped.
    Happy hunting.

Junior Member Tyranid Cerebrate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good suggestions so far.

You might want to try buying a cluster of bio-acid spore mines to deepstrike in. If anything it might discourage him from bunching into a corner if he knows you're saturating him with ap3 , 2d6 armor penetration weapons.

You should also try to find cover for you carnifex...with a 4/5+ cover save he should be able to outlast a pair of razorbacks in a shooting fight if he's VC/BS.

+ Reply to Thread