stupid stupid STOOPID - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -41 (x0)

stupid stupid STOOPID

Lilith hesperax not getting a dodge save.

its not in her stats.

so when she fails her shadowfield save... she has a 6+armour save...

i was angry.

please tell me ive made a mistake with this... please :x

best point for point special character IN THE GAME has a silly dupe like that (and the models sooo cool aswell)

-SONS of RUSS member-

Exiled until 5thED redo...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Looks like an oversight on GW's part. Personally, if my opponent were using her, I'd allow the dodge save.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, perhaps, but it could have been left out on purpose. Firstly because it may not be used that much, and also because it would make her pretty hard to kill, and so perhaps she's cheaper than she would be with the dodge save. Maybe she relies on her shadowfield, and goes all out offensive. Though yes, logic says that she should, I wouldn't definitely rely on that until you get an official answer.
    Malekith's pet cat - "Puuurrrrrrrrr"

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Isnt she considered a wych leading a wych cult of certain points? All wyches get the +4 invulnerable so it automaticaly goes for her too... I think

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Lelith Hesperax is an HQ choice, an Archite, for purposes of army organisation only ie she takes up one slot in the HQ allowance. This where the similarities to all other wyches end. The codex is quite clear on this "She must be used exactly as described below, and may not be given any other equipment." No mention of a 4+ invunerable combat save anywhere, so where does that leave us? With a seemingly in consist rulling on wyches, the leader having a wosre save than her troops. But (please correct me if I am wrong here) if she is being fielded with her retinue (normal wyches with a 4+ invunerable combat save) then does'nt the majority armour save rule come into affect?
    She would only NOT get if she was the majority in numbers in that squad, so it is not as bad as it sounds upon first reading. And who would not take a retinue along with her to gain this advantage?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by wickywacky1
    But (please correct me if I am wrong here) if she is being fielded with her retinue (normal wyches with a 4+ invunerable combat save) then does'nt the majority armour save rule come into affect?
    Nope, she's an Independant Character and as such is targetted as a separate unit during the only circumstance in which the 4++ save is relevant: close combat.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Yes ,Ostol I afraid your right. I suppose I was wishful thinking, no 4+ combat save for her. I guess that the shadowfield 2+ will have to be good enough but can you just imagine if they were combined together - a 2+ save on the first wound and 4+ invunerable for the other two? She would be just about invincible in a 6 turn game!
    Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -41 (x0)

ok i accept theres no 4+inv dodge save on her... but...

do you think its an error on GWs part? or was she actually meant to not get a dodge save? (shes slower than the others?.. theres no fluffy reason why she wouldnt get it).

this lack of dodge save may actually say why shes so cheap. a mere 90pts
    -SONS of RUSS member-

Exiled until 5thED redo...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Does she keep IC status in a retinue though?

I thought that being in a retinue prevented enemies from picking you out, like with sybarites and succubi....
    minimalism is the key.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

No, I'm fairly sure you can target an IC in combat even with a retinue if you are in basse to base contact with him (at leas thats how my friends and I have always played it) but it takes away your ability to avoid being shot at as long as you are within 6" of a friendly squad and not the closest target and also takes away your ability to join squads and leave them, you can never leave your retinue.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast