Help with my ranged Fex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with my ranged Fex

Currently my ranged fex has a VC and a TL deathspitter. I haven't seen any rule where the fex can't take 2 VC and I am wanting it now to have 2 VC, is this legal or did I miss a rule?

They come, they eat, they leave...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Yes you can have 2 VC on your carnifex but then the VC become TL and thats pretty dang expensive just to TL so it's not the best idea to do that.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lictor1989
    Yes you can have 2 VC on your carnifex but then the VC become TL and thats pretty dang expensive just to TL so it's not the best idea to do that.
    I'm sorry, I am unfamilar w/ the rule where the VC becomes TL when you put 2 on a Fex. could you please provide me w/ a ref #.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by arcanecantrips
    I'm sorry, I am unfamilar w/ the rule where the VC becomes TL when you put 2 on a Fex. could you please provide me w/ a ref #.
    Page 30 top left paragraph, last sentence says that the weapon would become TL with two of the same kind.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 30 top left paragraph, last sentence says that the weapon would become TL with two of the same kind.

Found it, thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question for anyone intrested... Is a Fex w/ TL VC, and ES (cost 163) better than a Fex w/ VC, Barbed Strangler, and ES (cost 148 )? The reason I ask is because I want to know which one is going to cause more hits and which one will cause more wounds/insta kills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

I have a question for anyone intrested... Is a Fex w/ TL VC, and ES (cost 163) better than a Fex w/ VC, Barbed Strangler, and ES (cost 148 )? The reason I ask is because I want to know which one is going to cause more hits and which one will cause more wounds/insta kills.
    IMO the VC BS is better because you get more shots off not to mention against lighter armored vehicles you can get pentrating hits. Also the TL VC is very expensive for just 2 shots only if it was a lot cheaper I would go for it though if your luck with your carnifex is bad it might not be so bad. Also the VC and BS could get RC and be the same price thus making it last longer. One last thing is the VC is really only good against vehicles and if your oppenent doesn't have any the carnifex becomes kinda a waste of points thus a BS is nice anti infatry buff to him.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO the VC BS is better because you get more shots off not to mention against lighter armored vehicles you can get pentrating hits. Also the TL VC is very expensive for just 2 shots only if it was a lot cheaper I would go for it though if your luck with your carnifex is bad it might not be so bad. Also the VC and BS could get RC and be the same price thus making it last longer. One last thing is the VC is really only good against vehicles and if your oppenent doesn't have any the carnifex becomes kinda a waste of points thus a BS is nice anti infatry buff to him.
    Thanks for clearing my mind a little, but what does RC stand for?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Thanks for clearing my mind a little, but what does RC stand for?
    Reinforced chitin it gives your carnifex one more wound which IMO is really nice for its point cost(also the cheapest of the 3 stat upgrades and IMO will always help a carnifex even if they have Ap2 or str 10 weapons).

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reinforced chitin it gives your carnifex one more wound which IMO is really nice for its point cost(also the cheapest of the 3 stat upgrades and IMO will always help a carnifex even if they have Ap2 or str 10 weapons).
    Ok, I'm just use to the "RC" acronym being rending claws and not reinforcec chitin. and w/ that I actualy use to have that on the Fex but I took it off because the Heavy Support Fex has a meet shield of 2 Elite fexes. But thanks for the suggestion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast