necron MC army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: necron MC army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

necron MC army

it has never crossed my mind to field more than a tomb spyder or two for support,
    but it just popped into my head that you could have a necron monstrous creature army!
    nine tomb spyders on the table, then give the list a supportive lord or two and then max out on warriors.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds pretty cool. The TS's take care of counter charge for your warriors. A C'tan would fit in nicely fluff wise as well, making for 10 MC's. However, 9 TS's and a Deceiver (the more useful one in my opinion) is almost 800 points. So, add in say, 60 warriors and that's 1080 points, that brings you to a total of 1875. Now you have 125 points for a Lord with an upgrade or two. That list would be a tough nut to crack, phase out at 15, all those counter charge units...mmmm I smell dead smurf. You lack two things, dedicated anti-tank with some range (your gauss will help you against transports and the like but not that basilisk looming in the corner; and long ranged firepower. But, this list is just for fun so, who cares about a few small missing components. Cool Stuff, cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

I've seen similar lists. Very "off the beat path." Personally, I'd make room for 3 squads of Scarabs w/DFields (not all necessarily, but maybe all). The Scarabs can get in close really quick to tie up the opponent so that range can be reached without too many losses. At a 160pts for 10 w/DFields or 120pts w/o, that is some very helpful points. Oh, did I mention 90 Wounds?
    Last edited by kore; June 16th, 2006 at 08:07.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, so much cc power means that you will want to get into cc as soon as possible. That means that getting flayed ones instead of warriors would be more beneficial. If you could put a small (4) unit of pariahs in behind some spyders, then you have a Ld reducing unit that is completely protected by spyders. The flayed ones also feel the benefits from the pariahs, and I know that spyders can really put the hurt on orks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check weapon skill on spiders...(i believe i cannot list it here) With the main bulk of your army having such low WS and BS, and not being anble to roll WBB, you'll have a hard time...Could be fun though just to see peoples faces

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Padla
    Check weapon skill on spiders...(i believe i cannot list it here) With the main bulk of your army having such low WS and BS, and not being anble to roll WBB, you'll have a hard time...Could be fun though just to see peoples faces
    True they have low WS but they still will mainly hit on 4+ which is the same for warriors when against SM so unless they have 5 WS or higher it isn't much of a problem (plus their range isn't that great so you don't have to worry about there BS too much).
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Not to mention the CoD book just came out.
    With the flayed ones and pariahs and some of the CoD stratagems this could be a very powerful list.
    Spyders in cover just spawning scarabs and waiting....
    I like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shango
    Not to mention the CoD book just came out.
    With the flayed ones and pariahs and some of the CoD stratagems this could be a very powerful list.
    Spyders in cover just spawning scarabs and waiting....
    I like it.

So many Spyders could be devastating. especially if they spawn Scarabs. every round you add what, 27 Woundas to your army? good luck trying to take out that many models before they reach you.

with enough cover on the Table (cityfight...) this is one hell of a force to beat. just look at the sheer number of attacks you can bring to bear....
    Not in my game you won't!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

I'm not a Necron player, but spawning Scarabs doesn't sound like such a good idea to me, given the Majority Toughness rules. . .
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ostsol
    I'm not a Necron player, but spawning Scarabs doesn't sound like such a good idea to me, given the Majority Toughness rules. . .

It is a tad bit dangerous with the new rules but still useful enough, after all you can assign the hits as you see fit. with 2 to 3 bases your Tomb Spyder is still reasonably safe, since it gets to make its own 3+ save rolls.

I recently had an Argument regarding unit size of monstrous creatures. they count as 10 Models for determining combat results and morale modifiers. would they not count this way too when calculating majority toughness, I argued. Interpreted this way, with 3 scarab bases in tow, the Tomb Spyder would still be the majority of the unit. now any hits would have to wound the T of 6 to do damage.

Got seriously bashed down on this one with all kinds of explanations why this should not work (My favourite was "Because I'll never play against you or any necron again if this were true" )

Go figure. I'm still not entirely convinced it doesen't work this way but usually give in in favor of a relaxed game.
    Not in my game you won't!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast