Collecting your army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Collecting your army

What's your army collecting philosophy? I see alot of people say "i'm collecting X pt army". I on the other hand, am collecting as X models of X species, for example my goal is 48 Spinegaunts, 48 Hormagaunts, 24 Termagants, 24 Huntergaunts, 83 Genestealers, etc. I also noticed that once you get to X army, you're pretty much limited to those models once you get to the upper end of the point spectrum, which I find very limiting. I will be getting all 3 lictors I'm allowed, all 3 Zoanthropes, and will probably have 8-12 modelled Carnifexes (I already have 6 Battleforces, so I'm going well).

How do you collect your army?

Archival

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn! you gotta be cashed up ! feel like sharing your prosperity?

on the not i find which species i want to include then mould the numbers to match the points
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is how I make my army. I first make an army list that I like playing with, then I collect the models. easy. Btw, what are huntergaunts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I started off by buying the Battle of Macree box and enjoyed the look and feel of Tyranids.
    After that I was given a Biovore for doing some work around my shop.
    I bought a Hive Tyrant because I needed an HQ and I knew those were good units to have.
    I then got a Carnifex because they are also an amazing model to have.
    A few weeks later, I overheard a conversation about how the Broodlord is highly annoying to play against. I bought one a few days later.
    I love the Lictor model so I picked up one of those the other day.
    Now i'm saving my money up for a Battle Force.

I want to get some Ripper Swarms and another 2 Lictors, as well as 2-3 Zoentropes.
    Keeping in mind I play a lot of City Fight.

Anyways, I pretty much buy what I think is really cool and what fits my budget.

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

My collecting philosophy is get what I want for my army first then when I have extra money lieing around(which isn't much usually...) I buy some units that would be fun to play with or just expand my options a bit.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started by making an army list which included the units i wanted to use and thought would be a fun playing style for me. I then bought the models I needed. However having got all the models for the 2Kpts army list, I'm probably going to expand this another 1k with units that i think are fun, which will give me more options for smaller games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huntergaunts are what I call my souped up gaunts (AG and TS modeled). I generally go for swarms, but now that I can have 6 Carnifexes, well, I look forward to a monstrous army. I'm not especially cashed up, but I keep my eyes open on ebay for good deals, and a battleforce for 85 (including shipping and handling), is, in my book, a good deal. The hassle is painting them all, but for friendly games, priming it is good enough.

Archival

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have primarily a horde army with 64 gaunts I started with gaunts and warriors and I liked the models,so I stayed mostly with the smaller 'nids.I moved onto some Genestealers and I now have 32 plus a broodlord as my first HQ. My 2nd HQ consists of warriors.I do not like the metal figures so I have not got any raveners but having said that I like the idea of sporemines so I have filled my fast attack slots with them. for Heavy support I was amazed at the Carnifex so I now have 2. These are my only TMC's. For my last heavy support choice I may Invest in a forge world Barbed Hierodule.
    I dont wish to field a Godzilla list but a few large ones among the swarm cant hurt!
    Lord Maxton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

I just collect which models or ideas look cool, I see later on how many points I have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i got the battle of macragge box set first loved the look of the nids and then last xmas got the battleforce set box:w00t: . was so excited lol. now i make points and see wat would work against to kill my bf's imperial guards, but my plan is to get atleast every model cus they all look soooo cool .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast