Modeling the Dev-Tyrant - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

Modeling the Dev-Tyrant

Just wondering how everyone else (if any) people who use the 2x T-L Devourer Tyrant model him...It's a toss up right now for me between paying GW and buying the two "Carnifex Sprue C's" for the two pairs of double-arm devourers, or I might just convert my own through the gaunt Devs. Just wondering how other people went about this, if anyone has pics that would be great. Thanks!

5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Hmm do you have any tyranid players around that have them as you may want to ask them first. Otherwise I have no idea as the sprue buying would be IMO expensive.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah having friends or someone around that has the extra arms to part with is nice..... but if all else fails..... just buy a Carni or two....I have two in my army and those were the arms that i used.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took the Deathspitter arms from the fex and the dev arms from the gaunts. You cut the the cone from the dev and you glue it on the death spitter. Where the chitin ends on the deathspitter cut a horizontal line and glue the cone there. I've put on mine Tyranid warrior heads (only the chitin part) and it looks awsome... I will post some pictures later

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

On my tyrant I only gave him 2 dev's + 2 ST because although he doesn't have the scything Talons he looks far scarier with them...

Carni
    If you like the post click the *STAR* <===

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been wondering a good way to do this as well, because a Tyrant with four devourerers and flying can take out a squad of Terminators every other time and is almost gauranteed to take out a squad of space marines.

The Devourers just don't look that great in batch of four, I'm trying to think of a cooler way to model them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Heres my Devi Tyrant, I have included talons to represent her close combat strength, she still takes down armour nicely.

http://www.librarium-online.com/gall...ICT1199nid.JPG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x2)

Yeah, thank's Rik, I'll probably (to save money) just take the ones off the gaunts, and convert those to both hands so it looks the same as the Carnifex ones, but a little larger as each is meant to be held with two hands...but hey....the Tyrant is monstrous, should go well. I'll post pics whenver I find out how, and when I complete the tyrant! Thanks all who posted, your input is greatly appreciated!
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by knightenfex
    I've been wondering a good way to do this as well, because a Tyrant with four devourerers and flying can take out a squad of Terminators every other time and is almost gauranteed to take out a squad of space marines.

I find it hard to believe that you are running through a squad of terminators that easily.......but i guess it can be done if you get extremely lucky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast