Drazhar, Master Of Blades - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read a few threads and it seem that their are a few mixed feelings out there about Drazhar, Master of Blades. I'm not quite sure if he is good or bad, would he actually be worth it being put into a retinue.

Could you please tell me. I'm so confused!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Drazhar and most of the time I will put him into a retinue. He has the chance to deal 8 wounds on the charge! Also, if he gets in combat with a power weapon he can just switch places with the lord and the lord can take care of that. So, in my opinion, Drazhar is good and is worth it.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

The problem with drazhar is that you need at least four other incubi in order to field him, and a lord - that's overkill. He is an interesting option if you want to use two HQs though, one Archon on a reaver jetbike with shadow field, and a dracon with a powerful retinue. With the new assault rules (as well as with the old) the dracon can be targeted directly, and she has no shadow field then. She is very fragile, therefore it is not a good idea to tool her up. Drazhar on the other hand is not an independent character, he can't be targeted directly with the new assault rules. This way you can have a powerful character in your second HQ which also isn't as vulnerable as the mandatory "naked" dracon (in this case the dracon should be equipped with rather cheap things, perhaps an agonizer, splinter pistol and nothing else, perhaps no wargear at all).

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your right that using Drazhar, an Archon, and 4 incubi is usually overkill unless your going against large units and normally I go up against Space Wolves with fairly large units and HQ's in most of the units. So, it mostly depends on the situation your in. This unit is best against large numbers with good armour saves. Otherwise Astaroth is right and it is overkill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When im taking on my friend who plays necron, its devastating to his army to use a squad with a souped up dracon, 4 incubi, and drazhar. Necrons are particularly tough to take down bc of their WBB roll, even when you use wyches! But all those power weapons...ooo, it makes me salivate(SP?).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had Drazhar in my army the other day and he was excellent with a capital T. I think I might include him in my retinue for life. How do you like that Drazzie? A lifetime of working for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love drazhar, but the thing is, i would rather have 3 incubi and 2 warriors in my retinue for the same points cost as drazhar. And you never really see drazhar in any tournament winning armies either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh well, I guess we can play him in larger points games then.

Closed Thread