necron...personality? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

necron...personality?

Hey guys, me again. Listen, im doing a hardcore campighan with my friends and after every battle we are supposed to type up a sort of propaganda/battlereport piece. what i wanna know is, is how the hell can i give my necrons thought, speech, and mind set? how would they talk to one another?

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've participated in a similar campaign. I used the Necron Lord as a chief character in my Army fluff. Here are a couple examples.

http://voltaniscampaign.schtuff.com/flesh_and_metal

http://voltaniscampaign.schtuff.com/...e_for_nictatus

You could do it as communication between the Necron Lord and the C'tan master. The Lord could be reporting on the status of the campaign as the cron forces make way for thier master's arrival. You know, letting him know when the system is ready for consumption.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

I've always envisioned necrons as pure statisticians. No real embelishments, just the facts, the cold, calculating numbercrunchers of doom. Hence the phase out, they serve their gods, but with no real convictions of their own.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just do them from the point of view of your favorite enemy!

"Sir, those metal monsters attacked us at the med-base. sergeant onius was flayed and we lost 1500 bolter rounds.... we desperatly need backup, may the Emperor protect..."

i think it is foolish to try and give speech to a necron but you can still have sweet background stories and fluff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sizzol
    just do them from the point of view of your favorite enemy!
    I think this a great idea or you could try giving the report by what the C'tan that your army follows thinks.

Eldar (test phase)
    W / L / D
    0 2 0

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

You could also go the Borg route. 99% fo the force are silent killers, but that 1% interacts with the enemy (via vox channels or what have you) and just dishes out the cold hard truth to the enemy. "Resistance is futile"
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gojiratoho
    You could also go the Borg route. 99% fo the force are silent killers, but that 1% interacts with the enemy (via vox channels or what have you) and just dishes out the cold hard truth to the enemy. "Resistance is futile"
    I would definitely go for that one. The necrons always struck me somehow as the Borgs of 40k.

Perhaps you should alternate between the two styles. The enemies side, just to describe the mayhem the Crons caused and the communications between master and servant/ Necron and Victims.
    Not in my game you won't!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

I've always thought, and I'm being serious, but necrons would look damn cool doing robotics and body popping.

While other armies are having debriefings and rousing speaches into the sad loss of human/eldar/darkeldar/ork/tau life, the necrons would blatantly be break dancing inside the monolith.

It's sounds like I'm taking the mickey, but honestly I'm not. I think that's just so much more sinister. One second they're moonwalking, the next they're ripping you limb from limb and flaying your friend, all without any change in expression.
    IT's a bit surreal though, and it might not go down well with your friends. So I think that Sizzol's idea is probably the best.

Still.. I would pay to see a necron doing the windmill.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon
    I've always thought, and I'm being serious, but necrons would look damn cool doing robotics and body popping.

While other armies are having debriefings and rousing speaches into the sad loss of human/eldar/darkeldar/ork/tau life, the necrons would blatantly be break dancing inside the monolith.

It's sounds like I'm taking the mickey, but honestly I'm not. I think that's just so much more sinister. One second they're moonwalking, the next they're ripping you limb from limb and flaying your friend, all without any change in expression.
    IT's a bit surreal though, and it might not go down well with your friends. So I think that Sizzol's idea is probably the best.

Still.. I would pay to see a necron doing the windmill.
    Wow karmoon, just wow. That's just rather trippy and, (what's the word?) oh yes, strange.
    I just got an image of a whole necron army enacting Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video.
    A Nightbringer and Lord doing the lead parts while a bunch of robotic menaces enacting the backup dancers. For that vision, you get a cookie.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theyak
    Wow karmoon, just wow. That's just rather trippy and, (what's the word?) oh yes, strange.
    I just got an image of a whole necron army enacting Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video.
    A Nightbringer and Lord doing the lead parts while a bunch of robotic menaces enacting the backup dancers. For that vision, you get a cookie.
    That with the Nightbringer is just wrong!

Eldar (test phase)
    W / L / D
    0 2 0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast