necrons V BT - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: necrons V BT

Member death is only the beginning's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

necrons V BT

Im a necron player and i would love some advice on how to beat BT this is my army list but im not sure what he will use.

HQ=155
    necron lord
    ressurection orb
    gaze of flame

troops=522
    15 warriors
    14 warriors

fast attack=323
    3 wraiths
    4 destroyers
    =1000p
    any advice will help and if u think my list could be better then say so.thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not have BT codex, but as far as i remember Black templars have tendency to charge the nearest unit (in their chapter rules) unless accompanied by Chaplain or librarian (not sure) I would try to get a hold of the BT codex and look up special rules. Then you can try to capitalize on them by taking a bait unit (such as scarabs for ex) and use it to Harrass enemy and hopefully force BTs to make unwanted movements.

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Definatly get more destroyers in this army as then you can optimize their fury thingy (can't remember its name been awhile since I looked at one) as they must go towards the nearest unit. So have your destroyers turbo boost behind or to corner and blast em and if they don't have a chaplin around then they will charge towards your destroyers which can fairly easily outmanvuer BT.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

i field an usefull list in 1000pt in the campaign

Necron lord
    destroyer body, phylactery, ress orb

13 warriors
    13 warriors

4 destroyers
    4 destroyers

keep the lord with the destroyers and blast your enemy from far away and outmanouver him
    hide the warriors somewhere and this ammount of warriors keeps them fairly powerfull (i beated up an deamon prince with only 4 casualty´s)
    this list works quite well especialy against non powerarmour army´s
    if you are playing against a tank heavy army drop some stuff to squeeze 4 scarabs with DF in your army, most people think these guys are crap until they beat the crap out of a deathwing landraider on 1000pt:rolleyes:

"I could calculate your chance of survival, but you won't like it."
    "Shut up! Sit your ass down in that chair and DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!" - Cid FFVII

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

I would personally leave the wraiths at home. Wraiths are most vulnerable to massed attacks/shooting wounds and whatnot, and that is what BT excels at.
    I think perhaps a full scarab swarm to tie up one of his units for a long time or another squad of Destroyers would be a better fit and benefit to your army.

Remember that BTs will lurch towards the enemy when taking morale checks from shooting(I can't remember if they do this automatically or if its only when they fail/pass the morale check) You can use this to your advantage, to try to get them into rapid fire range of those warriors and then blow the crap out of them. Just remember to concentrate fire, you don't want to have him lurching all of his squads up ahead at the same time, that would spell a lot of trouble for you fast. Getting him piecemail would be your best bet. I would even considder getting the warscythe for the lord to deal with the pesky Emperor's chump and most likely a chaplain that can be a serious headache, especially if your oponent is bold and mounts them in a LRC.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by nexus-star
    i field an usefull list in 1000pt in the campaign

Necron lord
    destroyer body, phylactery, ress orb

13 warriors
    13 warriors

4 destroyers
    4 destroyers
    I think you're pushing 1053pts here.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im having some severe trouble with them too, vehicles dont stand a chance and get wiped out usually first turn and hes down to marines and termies and the the termies get close...then they assault....then my army goes up in smoke (hangs head) its always going so well but the only thing that take those bastards out is my HD's and their off dealing with hes preditor and the rest of his tanks. GRRRRR
    In the name of god impure souls of the living dead shal be banished into eturnal damnation. Amen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by kore
    I think you're pushing 1053pts here.
    oops i miscalculated

edit:
    Necron Lord
    ress orb, phylactery, destroyer body

11 warriors
    12 warriors

4 destroyers
    4 destroyers

999pt

the list still works fine

"Shut up! Sit your ass down in that chair and DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!" - Cid FFVII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

you could also try to squeeze a monolith in your armylist, he can deal with the tanks and teleport your warriors out of CC with the termi´s, and i also always try to snipe the HQ of the enemy with the monolith template attack and hope for an hit
    this works quite well with the special template rule for the monolith and your enemy will likely start to scream CHEESE!! again to the monolth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what special template rule?
    In the name of god impure souls of the living dead shal be banished into eturnal damnation. Amen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast