How do i beat necrons? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do i beat necrons?

How do i beat necrons?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Make the warriors phase out. Concentrate all your attacks on them and not any Monolith on the board.

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

I use a combination of incubi and wyches to crush his front line (Its actually easier then everyone thinks) while warriors and ravagers kill warriors and snipe out the lord, phase out is the only option I ever use. During Medusa all necron players will get a free monolith to use on the field during necron week while us DE, we will get no DE week but we will be able to use one free raider squad in almost every battle at no point cost. So thats cool. Ignore the monolith, its a big pain to kill. Always kill the lord with resurection orb cause he is just as bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An interesting thing to note is that most necrons are just as easy for the dark eldar to kill as other ones eg, its just as easy to kill destroyers as it is to kill warriors with dark lances, disies, agonisers etc when they havent turboboosted. However these pose a greater threat (also note that one of the conditions for WWB is that another model of THE SAME TYPE has to be within 6' of the damaged model in order to get WWB.). Hence ALWAYS TRY TO PUT PRESSURE ON THEM BY GOING FOR PHASE-OUT, just think about whether it is disadvantageous to shoot at the more expensive necrons (it isnt always).

In assault, try to make units assault 2 necron units at the same time when they have a Monolith so that you're unit isn't vunerable to shooting if a necron unit teleports out of CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lots of numbers. try to make them take as many armor saves as you can. and beat them in close combat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Grotesques.

Kill the destroyers and the grotesque's will literally munch through the entire necron army, since only destroyers, the monolith's particle whip and heavy D's can hurt them through shooting.

A such, they can make combat easily as long as the destroyers shoot at something else / are dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

Actually, due to the nature of the guass rule, all necron weapons can hurt them, just not very effectively.

A tactic I developed while havn't a massive "how to beat necrons" brainstorm does involve grotesques. An archon attached to a squad of grotesques mounted on a raider zooms forward they all disembark, the archon deataches, and they both assault a warriors squad, the lord kills a few and wins the combat for the grotesques meaning the enemy automaticaly falls back because of the grotesque special rule, then your lord, being a seperate unit now, catches them with his I 7 because necrons are I 2. Whole squad dead, and they can't get back up from being killed in a sweeping advance, then incubi and a dracon smash into another squad, quickly get rid of the destroyers with dark lances and disintegrators as they pose a major threat, and without them, his army can't be very mobile and then you can run circles around him picking and choosing where you go, lances and disintegrators are priceless. Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT attempt to kill the monolith, it would be such a pathetic waste of firepower to try to even scratch it, much better to kill, a bunch of warriors and then he will phase out. I'd say do not use wyches as they rely on slowly beating down the enemy instead of just smashin them which is a bad thing against necrons because then the monolith can teleport them out of combat so anyone can then shoot oyur t3 6+ wyches and you'd have only killed about 2 necrons. Anything that can kill them quickly. Don't bother with any heavy destroyers as they would be a complete waste against us, only one shot, and against our vehicles they can still only cause a glancing hit. Keep your power weapon armed people away from wraiths, maybe get rid of them with a single wych squad if you really have to, since they can only have 3 in a unit they couldn't be that hard to get rid of, the best way to get rid of them would be models armed with poisoned blades or scissorhands so haemonculi would be a good idea, you wound them on 2's which means they will be taking a heck of alot of 3+ invunerables and with only 3 models that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they are away from their lord and you have enough lances, it's not a really hard fight.

Pound on their phase units and and that should put a stop to them pretty quickly. Big scary things like the lith don't need to be dealt with right away because it can only do so much damage a turn and it would absorb all of your heavy wepons fire that could be better directed.

Disintegrators will put holes in units
    Dark lances will put holes in units
    Low I = Bad things happen when they lose Close combat
    Most of the wepons that you'd use against them are wounding on 2's and dont allow saves anyway

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Rook
    If they are away from their lord and you have enough lances, it's not a really hard fight.
    True, but if the use Ctan, now that thing is strong. It takes quite a few shots to bring him down and he has some nice abilities that make him worth the points, if he is to go down, the necron player will loose a lot of points if you are playing a simple point win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

Ignore him, he is too slow (doesn't matter which one) to get into combat with you, taking a c'tan just makes it easier for you to phase him out, so do that, don't target things that will achieve no benefit at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast