Hoard of hormagaunt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoard of hormagaunt

Hi all,

I just saw a shop online (like ebay) that sell the 10 gaunts from the macrage set for only 7$ US. I though it was a great deal and though about buying 5-6 sprue of these gaunt. This means 50-60 + 23(i have already) = 70-80 gaunts! At only 7 pts I think it can be cool and funny at the same time to see the opponent face when he see all those little gaunt coming fast right into his army.

So i ask you, could it be a good idea? Add alot of wound to the army and distraction for my big meat and when you get 20 hormagaunt chargin,I think it can still deal some damage ;D

Thanks for future help!

Last edited by virus646; June 25th, 2006 at 16:46.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're still using 3ed.... that isn't the price for a hormie in a long time....
    I used once an all Hormagaunt army and I have one thing to say to you... don't , simply don't. You cant destroy tanks, you wound very hard etc etc. I would be much better to have a balanced force. But there are my 2 cents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, i find any gaunts are just cannon fodder against any decent Close combat army, marines, orks, chos etc. I fought an ork army, where 32 gaunts assualted 10 orks, and got wooped. They are good at pining the enemy for a turn or two, either than that, they are a waste.
    One Shot, One Kill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont use just hormys but you can make an amry based around them, make sure you have someting to kill tanks with If you get the fourth eddition rules a broodlord and genesteelers are perfect for this role with the right movement and time they will destroy any tank and you will not have to change up your stratagy much, just keep them safe and if you plan to be fighting armys with weeker tanks like the dark eldar then tyranid warriors should have no problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The battle for macragge comes with genestealers, spore mines and fleshborer-guants. No hormoguants. They are all snap-together bits too. I dont recommend getting it because I find spinegaunts are better than fleshborerguants and the genestealers do not come with extended carapace bits, which is essential for genestealers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for the bad word, I means fleshborerguants.

Do you think using alot of those 6 pts guys is a good choice.

I though about using some of these gaunt to convert gargoyle like some guys did in this forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hormagaunts aren't meant to be cc beasts like stealers, but they, in large numbers can be of great use to any nid player. Few cc troops can assault by turn 2. If you have enough of these little guys you can "control" the game, since your opponent will most likely not have enough cc troops to combat yours. Also, the warriors that you should have leaping along side them offering synapse will support them, while you wait for the larger things like cc fexs (sadly not a common sight) to come. I regularly field a 1500 point army with a mass of these leaping gribblies, 3 man warrior squads for each squad of 20, and whatever I may need for the battle, depending on the other guy's style of play and win quite often. It works, but may not be your style of play since you may not want to be out in the open for a full turn or more.
    You call those cheap implants boobs?
    They aren't boobs, they're lies!

http://download.theforce.net/theater...orkman_480.mov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hormies r my gaunt of choice, they are absolutley the best way to plug line of sight, seeing as cc block los, it really helps specially in city fight. that said, remember they r gaunts, even in large numbers they are not that scary. remember to use them like a red carpet for your stealers and other monsters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even in large numbers they are not that scary.
    Not true. Don't forget combat resolution. A 10 man marine squad has nothing against twice as many hormies when it comes to resolution. Numbers do matter, they just have to be used effectively. Yes, spinegaunts do offer numbers, but when it takes longer to reach combat, that number reduces anyways due to shooting.
    You call those cheap implants boobs?
    They aren't boobs, they're lies!

http://download.theforce.net/theater...orkman_480.mov

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by virus646
    Sorry for the bad word, I means fleshborerguants.

Do you think using alot of those 6 pts guys is a good choice.

I though about using some of these gaunt to convert gargoyle like some guys did in this forum.
    Well I prefer termagaunt (gaunts with fleshborers) more then spinegaunts as spinegaunts are meant to die and only die while paying for one more point you get a gaunt that can actually do something. Not to mention you could covert them to gargoyles (if you have the skills or time) which I like a lot as well but this is all based on opinion. A mass of termagaunts IMO is a lot scarier then a mass of spine gaunts espically if there are some AV 10 vehicles around.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast